My husband underwent colectomy 1 year ago and decreased form 10 passings daily to 6 in average. still, this is very inconvenient (for him and his job). what is the best diet recommended for post colectomy patient? he is laos loosing weight. What can we do?

Hello!
As is it case with your husband, most patients have less bowel movements with time after such operation. i could tell you which foods increase stool frequency; these are apple juice and other raw fruits and raw vegetables, popcorn, seeds, nuts, beans, corn, beer, caffeine, chocolate, diary products and spicy foods. he should limit high fiber foods, concentrated sweets, also separate fluids from meals and avoid caffeine. Besides that he should no eat more than 3 meals daily and not 2 hours before bed time.
For loosing weight, actually for gaining it, he should take enough liquid first to prevent dehydration. Besides that some nutritional supplements (if he has diarrhea bananas etc) and of course some medications, but in that case it would be wise to consult his doctor.

My surgeon once said something about not drinking with meals. At the time I thought it was just something to help with healing after the total colonectomy.

However, now seeing it here, I am wondering...what exactly is the benefit to this?

29 :-( genital warts suck, i get them on and off all the time. http://www.foxtreatments.info/hpv helps clear them up but they keep coming back.