Hi, I have a friend that has Raynauds. He has been having problems with his hands for a long time. Whenever it would be little cold outside his hands would turn white. I always found it strange that he has such strong reaction to cold. It turns out that he has Raynauds. In my opinion, this is a very strange condition. I know that my friend is on some medication, but I don’t know what kind of drugs these are. Could you tell me what is the medical treatment for Raynauds?

Hi, Raynaud’s disease is indeed a strange condition. My sister suffers from it too. The thing with this illness is that, under some circumstances, blood flow to certain body parts gets reduced. Fingers, toes, nose and ears are mostly affected. Cold and stress are the two most important factors that contribute to the display of Raynaud’s symptoms. My sister was never able to go out in the snow and play with us because her fingers would first turn white and than she would start to feel pain. It took doctors a lot of time to figure out the root of her problem. When she was diagnosed with Raynaud’s, the doctor told us she has to wear worm clothes and avoid cold. She was also recommended to take aspirin, since it thins the blood, easing the blood flow. Now she takes some blood vessels dilatators as well. This is my sister’s medical treatment for Raynaud’s. If you are interested in what kind of medication your friend is talking, you should ask him.