Hi, I suffer from difficulties in the digestion and absorption of nutrients, diagnosed as malabsorption. I had a cystic fibrosis which gave me this malabsorption. Now, my problem only got worse. I started to have migraine headaches, and this intense pain sometimes last for 2 or more days! Is there any kind of a connection between malabsorpation and migraines? Anyone know if malbsorpation of food can lead to those really bad headackes?

Hi, a migraine woman here with an advice. Experts say that the cause of migraine headaches could be the changes in the level of serotonin – serotonin seems to have effect on the blood vessels and when its level is high or low your blood vessels shrink or swell and pain is the result of it. About the connection with malabsorption ana migraine, well some things can set off a migraine, such as loud noises, bright lights, changes in weather, stressful events, changes in sleeping schedule, CERTAIN FOODS and MISSING MEALS OR FASTING. If you have malabsorption combined with migraines, you have to know there are some foods that may trigger migraines, such as canned meat (ham), hot dogs, pepperoni, sausages, aged cheese, avocados, alcohol (especially red wine), beans, papaya, onions, passion fruit, pea pods, raisins, red plums. chocolate, canned soup, caffeine, soy sauce, figs, lentils, buttermilk and sour cream. So, it seems that could be a connection between malabsorpation and migraine.