i have had mirena for about a year; when i first recieved it i could feel the string even my husband could when we had sex. However, about four months after being on mirena i could no longer feel or find the string is that normal?It has been about a year now that i have been on miren, and I still continue to get my period every month around the same time. I have also noticed i have gained weighted i always feel bloated, and a few times a week i feel natious i have even thrown up a few times. Should i be concerned?

Maybe the strings have just moved up a bit...i have mirena and my bf could always feel the string and now he doesnt even feel em amd i tried checking for em and they have gone up a bit higher. Try squating and check for the strings..but if you are really concerned you should see your doctor..

Hope this helped^-^