I just got the Mirena put in a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone felt like a really bad cramp or pressure just on one side? I hate to bug my doctor about something like this if it's something that everyone experiences. It just came on this morning and it was constant all day. I tried to locate my strings but I have no idea where they are and they say that sometimes you can't even feel them because they are too far in to even feel them. I am just having a little freak out moment and would like to hear if anyone has ever had this happen to them while they had this in. Thanks! :)

Melanie:  I have had my Mirena in a year and almost 1 month.  I have had alot of pain with my Mirena and like you was worried after I had it put in.  I went back to my doctor and she did an ultra sound and found that everything was in it's place.  She told me to take 4 Ibuprofen as needed or prescribed time on the bottle.  Your strings are tricky.  Sometimes they feel low and sometimes they feel high.  I have one friend says she can't feel hers but she seems to be doing fine.  I hope you have good luck with the mirena.  I am thinking of having mine removed because I have never taken alot of meds but since I have had this I feel like I am popping IB all the time.  Some women have good luck with it and some women have terrible experiences.  Just had my one year check up and she said everything is in it's proper place but I do think it's causing me to have abdominal pain and back pain constantly.  She is sending me to a gastrologist tomorrow and I guess I will see what he has to say but if he doesn't find anything I am having it removed.  My advice is if you are feeling unsure get it checked.....never can be to careful.  I hope I helped but listen to your body!! 

I am just a little scared ya know. I don't want it to affect me having children! I just want to make sure it's in the right place! :) Thank you so much for your advice...back pain hmmm..I have been having random back spasms throughout the day and I never thought it could be connected to the mirena. they don't really hurt too bad but it's just something I have never experienced before! I will wait for my appt to see how everything is. It really hasn't hurt up until this point. I think it may be also because I am not regular...so that might have something to do with it also.

I understand completely about being scared. Please know that you are not alone. May want to check with your doctor and see if it's ok to take IB for your pain. Alot of new things I have experienced since the mirena has been inserted. Your spasms could be caused by your mirena...your doctor might not say so but I think it could. I know how it feels to be uncertain and scared. I don't think I have been very helpful but I hope your appointment goes well!! :)

i had the mirena for 2 yrs and just had it removed due the major problems it started causing. anyway i had alot of pain for a few weeks after i got it placed along with alot of spotting. i actually laid around alot the first few days. as for the strings if you cant feel them id have them checked. i could always feel mine but sometimes the would curl the sides of my cervix.

Mel - do you feel better since you have it removed? I get nauseated all the time. My doctor said it's not coming from the mirena but I just don't know. I get cramps really bad and IB was helping but the doctor said I was taking too much. (800mg every other day)