Ive had the Mirena IUD since last October... since then I have had NO period or spotting what-so-ever.
I do have monthly breast pain, I usually take at least one test from the dollar store a month. The other reason why I am so concerned is when I went to my first check up after having it inserted my strings were missing and
my gyno brushed it off. She said the strings "coil" and it was not uncommon and quite normal for the strings
to flucuate in length or go missing throughout the month. This was contrary to all i've read on the internet i.e. "if your strings go missing or change in length call a doctor ASAP"

However, this month I am having symptoms ten times stronger than the other months. A little over a week ago I started having frequent urination and breast pain. I decided to take a test to be safe. On August 1st it was NEGATIVE. Still unconvinced I took a test the next day. It too was negative. However my symptoms were just getting stronger. My breasts really really hurt now, I've been nauseated, have had headaches, frequent urination, sleepyness..etc. and TODAY to boot.. I happened to feel something cold and noticed I my right breast was leaking something. NOT a lot, and it only came out when I pinched it (TMI, i know) but I freaked. AND I also noticed that I have gained around 10 lbs over night! I was feeling a little chubbier than usual but could not believe my eyes when I weighed myself. I haven't changed my diet or activity at all...  So now 8 days later I took another test and it was Negative. In total i've taken 6 tests in the past 8 days and they have all been negative. I am beyond freaked out. I made a GYNO apt but it's not for another 2 weeks. It is not a good time for my husband and me to have another baby. We were working at the same place and both were laid of. We are struggling o find other jobs, make our car/house payment and take care of our other 2 kids. It really would not be a good thing, plus from what I hear pregnancy with an IUD is usually not a good thing anyway. I'm terrified. I am probably going to see if I can get an apt with my general practioner sooner than two weeks just because I am so scared.

Husband seems to think that it's the horomones in the Mirena causing these crazy symptoms or that I have
a horomone imbalance. He says if my symptoms are as strong as I say they are, which they are, then it
would most likely have shown up in a pregnancy test already, if it is pregnancy related. However, this does not make me feel better.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or if this is not pregnancy what could it be? I'm so scared. I really do not want to be pregnant. :(

please let me know what your doctor say because i am having the same thing happen to me. but i was bleeding for 3months str8 off and on the whole time then this month i spotted and i can smell everything my breast are sore as ever ive been gaining weight when i know i dnt eat tht much. i took a test today and it said negative also im a take another one in the morning but i have been scared to death worrying about if i am or not. and i am not too sure if i am would it show up on the test since i have the mirena in or not. so can you please keep me up dated.

My dr says the same thing. The strings will recede.

I am experiencing the same thing.

I also had that 'i must be pregnant' feeling on Mirena. It's the hormones. They settle down eventually but raise up strong during ovulation.

Ive had the mirena for about 10 months now since i had my second boy in march of 2012. And for easter... March 31, 2013 me and my husband was having sex and when i got up i seen my mirena jus sit on my bed... I freaked, i surfed the web to c if thts possible but nothing. Two exact days...tuesday.... I woke up with an urge to push. So i go to the bathroom and push....a big clt of blood the size of my palm or should i say almost the size if a tennis ball. So i calledmy doctor n she told me thats not normal for the mintercourseirena to come out during intercourse but once i told her i was bleeding the way i was.... She made me an emergency appt for tomorrow... So i hope they do a blood pregnancy test. Did anyone else experience the mirena coming out just by having sex??

So are you pregnant? Iv gained 20 pound no period for 4 months. Same as with my daughter.

Im supposedly not pregnant but i feel like i am. Im on and off with the bleeding and its soo annoying. The doctor wants me to get another mirena but never again i would do it. Im waiting for my hormones to get back to normal and if im not pregnant than im going to decide what birth control to use from there.

I have been feeling the same way and ive only had my son 9 months ago and ive had my iud for at least 6 and now im just feeling all these symptoms did you ever find a answer.?

I have been on the merina iud for 3 years it took at least 6 months to settle and now I do not get periods but do get spotting, some months are worst then others but contrary to what my dr told me, the nurse said it can take at least 6 months for your body to settle into the iud and I found this to be true, now after 3 years I will never go back to other methods

Mirena gets you fat lol it got me thick n huge but in 2 months n i gained 30 lbs i use to never be more then 112 lbs. now im 155lbs. It's been 4 years now ....

I have had mine in over a year now and over the past two weeks my partner has had sharp pain having sex and I have been having pregnancy feelings could anyone help me please I'm worried been fine up until two weeks ago xx