Hi Im 22 years old and i had iud mirena put in 6 weeks after a had my son.
6 weeks later they could not find the strings and they did an ultrasound. the iud was in place. Now im really worried because for the last 4 to 6 months i had my period the 9th of every month. but now I am 11 day late. I had a little bit of pink spots when i wiped almost nothing the 5th of june. I have been cramping on and off since then but no period at all. I also been feeling dizzy , headaches and really tired. now i have a yeast infection and i feel weird. Also i gained weight. Im really confused and worried i took 4 hpt and the were negative. tried to make an appt. but my ob -gyn in on vacation til next month
i dont know what to think please help

Hi gatugiselle, I hope that you are doing well right now. I feel like you are doing pretty badly right now so I want to know if you can go see a doctor about this. I know that your ob-gyn is busy but you maybe should try seeing another one temporarily to make sure that you feel better. Can you see another one? Let us know.

HI,

went to the doctor today he did a urine pregnancy test and it was negative. He said that he is not sure but he thinks is my left ovary. He schedule me for an ultrasound in two weeks. He also gave me a prescription for the pain. I still feel the same now its just a manner of time we'll see Ill keep you updated

thank you

Some people on Mirena start having VERY light to no periods at all after being on it for a few months or even up to a year. Be sure and ask your doctor about that, it is perfectly normal. Mirena's website even talks about it.

I'm glad to hear that things went so well at the doctor's. Please let me know how things turn out after you go to get your ultrasound because I'd like to hear how you're doing. How are the painkillers working?