I have had the Mirena IUD for almost a year. I can feel the strings still so I know that it is in place. I got my period to the day in December, January and even Feburary. I got my period on February 24th and it lasted to about the 29th. It was light, but I just figured the IUD was causing the shorter, lighter period. I have been feeling weird, getting headaches and keeping constant back pain. The back pain has not been as intense as when i found out I was pregnant with my first child. I did take a Home pregnancy test yesterday and followed the directions perfectly and got a negative result. I just feel weird and I am wondering if I am just stressing myself out over the whole situation. Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated...my thoughts are IUD, periods, and HPT negative I should be in the clear???

It's funny because i feel the same way. i haven't checked if i can feel the strings and i dont think i can but i feel really bloated and its not going away. I've felt like this for about 2 weeks and i havent got my period for about a month. I feel so pregnant, i swear this is the way i felt when i was last pregnant. I also get a lot of headaches and lose my breath really fast. This question you asked is really helpful to me and i hope that someone can answer it.

That is the exactly the same with me. I have had a copper coil for around 4-5 months, and my period was always on time, but am now 10 days late. My last period was the 18th Dec.
The coil is still in place, but am getting symptons such as butterflies in my stomach, headaches. feeling sick, back ache i have been pregnant before but lost it and had all the symptons i have now.
If anyone could help me i would be grateful, as the doctors have no idea.

OMG me to i just had a baby a year ago and i had the mirena IUD put in. But the last few weeks i have been feeling sick again as if i was pregnant again. So, i took the test and came out negative but im still waiting for my period. Let me know if the doctor says anything

I wonder if the illness that you are feeling right now is not related to just having the IUD instead, which I think that might be what is causing your problem. I am hoping that you are able to go to the doctor about this just because it sounds like you are in a strange situation.

Please let us know how this turns out for you.

I am feeling the same way. I have had a Mirena IUD for 2 1/2 years with a very regular period. My period is now 2 weeks late, I feel bloated and the home pregnancy test was negative. I know the IUD can cause you to miss periods, but does this happen after 2 1/2 years of a very regular period.

Yes, sometimes it's stress related so that's probably what I think happened. Have you been under a lot of stress lately?

I have had an IUD in place now for a little over three years. My daughter is 3 1/2. The past two to three weeks i have just felt off. The past two times my husband and I have had sex he says he hasn't felt the string. My period was 6 days late and trust me it is NEVER late. When I did finally bleed it was only for about 24 hours and it was heavy but not like normal... I normally bleed for about 4 to 5 days. I have been tired, having trouble sleeping at night, don't want to get up in the morning, lower back aches, and my tummy has been cramping off and on, head aches, and when i was pregnant with my daughter i got a lot of my hands falling asleep when i would lay down... I am getting that again too as well as what i would call hot flashes. At night I can't sleep with the covers on me. I took a home PT and it was clearly negative. I felt for the string of my IUD and I found it but it wasn't in the same place it was before... I check regularly. Could I be preg?
someone had metioned I could have preg. symptoms b/c the egg was fertalized but the IUD could have done its job and not let it be implanted, hince the bleeding. could this be true?

help, im 10 days late with my copper iud that was put in 10 months ago! anyone out there that has had this happen and were you prego?

hey guys. i have had the IUD now for a little over a year. I stopped having a period almost immediately after having it put in. I have never been able to feel the string and my husband can feel it on occasion. The last month i have felt real funny. My grandmother passed away and I thought it was maybe the stress from that, I took a prego test and it was negative. Lately I have been real bloated, and not feeling so good. I do not have insurance and do not know what to do! My first pregancy failed but I have two beautiful little girls. The weird thing is that everytime we loose someone close in the family I turn up prego. 2007 - papa (that was my miscarriage) 2008 - mom, and then my grandmother. I am so nervous, can anyone help?