My husband and I are trying to conceive. I had my period two weeks ago as normal. And, have not had sex since before my period. I started spotting this week. I took a pregency test and it shows that i'm pregnant. The doctor stated that it's highly unlikely that i'm really pregent. She stated that it might be an early miscarage which goes undetected 60% of the time. She is sending me for a blood Pregnancy test tomorrow. But, i'm reading posting of people that had their period later to find out they were pregnant. Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm kind of freaking out right now.

Whoah, that sounds like a really confusing situation! I'm sorry you are going through that. 

If you had a positive pregnancy test two weeks after a period, it's obviously not possible that that period was really a period, kwim? At the same time, some people do have quite severe early pregnancy spotting, without ever miscarrying. You won't know until the doctor performs a pregnancy test and also hopefully an intravaginal ultrasound, to see what's going on in your uterus. 

I hope the news is good. However, early miscarriages are incredibly common and they don't mean you will not be able to get pregnant in the future. 

Did you find out if you are pregnant? I am having the same thing go on.

They think that i'm having a normal pregnancy but they caught it really early, like two weeks. They think I got pregnant the night before my period. I have to get my third ultrasound next week to make sure it's still progressing. I'm still scared that something is wrong. It just doesn't sound right. Right now i'm just trying to make it to my next Ultrasound to see if the pregnancy continues to progress.

Have you been to your OBGYN? If so, what has been your experience?

about 3 weeks ago i had a lighter period and then 2 weeks later i have a had some brownish pink spotting ? :? i took a pregnancy test this morning and it said it was negitive !? i have a 2 year old daughter and i feel the same way as i did with her !? so am i pregnante

Had my period for only 1 day and now it has decided to come back again but very light in colour is this normal after 5 days.

My Partner and I are trying to concieve, I had my period 2 an a half weeks ago, since then I have been having bad stomach cramps nearly every day , I have been feeling faint and dizzy now and again, I have also been feeling as though I am gonne be vomit (not actually vomitted though) I have taken a Home Pregnancy Test, although it has shown up Negative..

Is it possible that I am Pregnant.. My next period is due on 13th of this month...

Many Thanks

i had sex the night night before i got my period and then my period basically stopped after 6 or 7 days and now its the 8th or 9th day and theres been a very very little spotting since i stopped. Do you think i could be pregnant? Im really scared!

I worked at a fertility clinic for many years and saw numerous people with false negitives that should have been positive. we made all our pts get blood tests to make sure. some skipped out on the blood test becuase they got a negitive pee test and then a few weeks later they were preg and everything was fine.
i have also heard of people having negitive pee tests all through their pregnancy although everything was fine.

good luck to you girls!

I am in need of help and my situation sounds similar! My period came on Christmas the 25 of December and ended on New Years eve Dec 31! It was a normal cycle so of course I drank like hell! LOL but then it returned on Jan 7!! Being heavy on Jan 8 and ended on Jan 10 and I too took and got a positive pregnancy test! It sounds like a early miscarriage but seeing that I got my period in Dec as normal I am a bit confused!

You have probably had an early misscarriage. I had the same thing happen to me back in Nov 2008. My test said I was pregnant and then my period came on. I went to the hospital and the doctor said it was an early misscarriage.

Okay, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex while on birth control and we think he may have ejaculated in me, but two days later i had a normal period, it was heavy and lasted about 4 days, and then two weeks later i missed my birth control for 2 days and bled for about two days, and it was semi light, and a week later i missed a pill but took it the next day and then i started bleeding the next morning but it was light and lasted only in the morning. Is it possible that I could be pregnant, because that's just way two many normal coincidences for me

I missed my period for the month of October. Then in the beginning of November I started cramping and had a little spotting. I thought I was coming on my period, but I didn't. Today I just took a pregnancy test and the result was positive. I'm getting ready to take another one in a little while.

Fingers crossed, hope all is still going well. I'm really confused myself and not sure if anyone can help. I lost my 8th baby over christmas and had a d & c New Years Eve. About 10 days ago I started getting cramps and my period came 4 days ago, however today I have got a positive pregnancy test (we've had sex only once since the miscarriage and that was last week). Is the positive test from the miscarriage or have I fallen again? Any advice?

I had my regular period exactly two weeks ago, and exactly the day it should have arrived (1 month from the last one) or at least I thought it was my period...my husband and I are TTC and I had taken a pregnancy test, which came back negative, that day just to find out I got my period a couple hours later.
Since then me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant again and my ovulation if my cycles are regular would have been around this weekend, so if I got pregnant this month it is likely way to early for symptoms. but I have been getting lots, very bloated and gassy, peeing more often, can only eat small amounts at a time, more frequent headaches, sore back.
What i am wondering : is it possibly and/or likely that I could have gotten pregnant last month and that the bleeding wasnt really my period?
Has this happened to anybody and it turned out they were pregnant?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks. :-)