My period is not one to be called regular. Every since i got it its been normal to be 1-2 weeks late. However it has never been this long, im now a month late. I am sexually active and do use condoms. Hes never gone inside me before and im not on birth control or any pills. I took a pregnancy test (first response) and it came back negative, but still nothing. I have bee stressed out but een before when i was stressed out my period still came. Its never been this late and im worried, is it really stress that can hold it off this long or should i go take another test in case the one i took was wrong? (i took the test after being 2 1/2 weeks late)
Please answer i would really appreciate it.

concerned

Hi :-) A few things here...first, you can miss your period from being stressed. Second...I took many, many pregnancy tests with all 3 of my kids and they were all negative, but then found out that I was infact pregnant! Sometimes your HCG levels just aren't high enough to register. I would say wait one more week, try another pregnancy test to see what it says. To be safe, I would also suggest contacting your doctor! Good luck.

Jeannine

Late period and negative pregnancy test are something that is quite usual when someone is stressed for certain issues. 

A couple of months ago I had my exams and I haven't slept, eaten... I was so stressed about this whole situation. My period was late for 13 days back than. Sure, I had reasons to be worried. I believed that I am pregnant.

I remember that he came and brought a pregnancy test for me and I took it. But nothing. Negative. We took another one and it was negative as well. It was a time for me to visit the doctor.

So I did.

He did the blood test and he told me that I am not pregnant. He asked me am I going through some issues in my life and I told him about those tests and exams. He told me that I need to eat well, get some sleep and forget about exams.

So I did.

After 11 days I got my period back and now it is normal.

Jeannine,

When you took the pregnancy test and they were negative: how late were you at that point? Thanks and best wishes!

Captiva

Hi there :-) To answer your question I was a week to several weeks late when they came out negative! I was in shock when I finally got the positive results! With my middle daughter I was on BCP's and hadnt missed one dose nor taken any antibiotics and I still became pregnant. Guess she was meant to be :-)

Jeannine

Hello(:
I am def. in the same predicament i took first response and it said negative and now i am nearly a month late!
My periods have been irregular but never THIS late.
I really hope I am but at the same time i'm only 17 and my boyfriends only 20. Let me know if you are, so maybe that can kind of tell me where I could be at!(: thanks so much and congrats if you are

Autumn :D

I will be a month late on Sunday, i have been late before but never this late. i took one pregnancy test two weeks ago on a monday night and it was negative and usually when i take a pregnancy test and it says negative, i have my period the next day. My boyfriend went in me on accident about 2 weeks before i was expecting my period which was supposed to be september 18th. i havent been throwing up sick, but i do seem more hungry and the other day i had very sharp escruciating pains in my chest and lower stomach. and i sometimes get mild cramps like my period is coming but it goes away and my period never comes. i also feel very tired lately... i find myself really sleepy at work at times and when i get home from work at 6 i wanna take a nap. i dont know if im just stressing over this but i have never been this late and my boyfriend has never came in me. so i dont know what to think. Im not scared to be pregnant just afraid of my parents. I am almost 19 years old and my boyfriend is almost 20. Does anyone have a similar situation or can someone help me out? i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi, I am a whole month late as well and have had 3 negative preg test. I am 26 yo ald my boyfirend is the same age. We have a 15 month old baby already. I am not quite sure if I should just wait another week or so and see what happens or schedule an appointment with the doc. I do not get nauseated. But, I do find myself much more hungrier than I usually am. i also have been getting mild headaches and some tightness in my stomach. I am also very sleepy after lunch at work or very early in the evening around 8pm. I know I have had a baby before but my preg tese came out pos almost immediately after I missed my period. I hope I am not just stressing myself out for nothing.

My names Kels and i'm 17 years old i haven't had a peroid all month
but yet i taken 2 prego test and they both said no and i don't know if
i am or not or if i should get check if someone can help me that would
be helpful i just don't know what to do i taken 2 test and both said
no and one was giving by a doctor (not a blood test) maybe i should
go in for a blood test idk but i've never been this late before and
my periods have always been right on time

Hi, I am 17 years old and my last period was on March 17th, i took 3 pregnancy tests and they all came out negative.. I cant go to my doctor for a blood test because im not 18 yet.. Is there any place where i can get a free blood test??? PLEASE HELP!

Hi, Im 27 and trying for a baby with my husband i have a little girl that will be 5 in october but she is from another marriage. i have been pregnant by my husband twice before we were married. and no im late and have signs of pregnancy and yet all 3 test are negative... Im lost right now. i dont have insurance for the next couple of months but I wanna no if im pregnant!!! anyone with the same situation that has ended up pregnant.......

hello .
im 20 and im a month late on my period .
12-01-10 was my due date .. its 12-30-10 .

i eat like a bird but lately i have been doing nothing but been asking for food.
i have never gotten cramps b4 my period but lately i have been havnt really bad cramps .
all text have been NEG !
help !

So here is my story. In January of this yr I found out I was pregnant. I miscarried 3 days after I found out (which was the day I was really supposed to start my period-the 15th). My husband and I were trying to have a child. Well I am now 2 days late and I have taken 3 hpts; all negative. I do have some cramping, headaches, nausea, but my breasts are not sore; like they were last time. I did have some spotting for 2 days before my period...very light on the tissue when i wiped...Any ideas?? My period comes on like clock work! We were not going to try again until August, but I would be so happy if I was!!

I am 23 years old and have a four year old son, me and my bf have been trying to have a baby for almost two years now, my period had always been regular comin about the 26th of the month in January it came on the 17th and it was regular but hasnt come since. I have taken over five pregnancy tests and they all have been negative, could i still be pregnant???? WHATS GOIN ON!!!!!!!!!! Please anyone help with some answers THANX!

On December 30, 2010 my last period started. By January 6, 2011 it had stopped and on January 17 my boyfriend and I had sex. The condom broke but considering it had passed the time ovulation occurs I didn't think much about it and went on with my life (stupid I know). At the beginning of February I started having suspicions I was pregnant. I dismissed it as paranoia and a worst case scenario (bf is 18 I'm about to turn 18 and we're both high school seniors) and went on with my life. About Valentine's day time I started have sudden, random (as in when it occurred), very sharp shooting pain in my hips, mainly on my left side. I work as a grocery store cashier after school and on the weekends so I dismissed it as being related to the long hours I put in. Around the end of February the suspicion that I was pregnant was getting stronger so I promised myself that if my period didn't come within a week I would take a test. On March 2nd I took an Equate home pregnancy test (I was convincing myself that I wasn't pregnant and to waste money on anything more expensive for a negative was just that, a waste) which did turn out negative but the line didn't appear as strong as it could have been. March 7 I experienced some light cramping, dark brown discharge (no weird smell and same consistency) and a little light spotting. By March 9 the spotting had stopped. Around about that time I started have a hard to explain pain on my right side, right next to my belly button. It has died down over the past few days but I've noticed other things. Like my breasts seem bigger, even in a sports bra, I've been feeling as if I need to go to the bathroom more frequently and last Friday it was so bad I had to leave lunch to go. Normally I can hold it until a passing period or even after school. Tonight I've gone to the restroom at least 4 times since I got home. My urine is darker in color but it really shouldn't considering I've actually been drinking less pop and more water and juice. Also, I'm tired ALL the time. I get the same amount of sleep I usually get but in the past couple weeks I've just been finding myself unable to hold my eyes open in any class. I don't even realize it though, it's like one minute I'm fine and the next I could sleep for 20 years. On Tuesday I was so tired I curled up on a counter in my aide hour and slept so long and deeply that the teacher I aide for had to wake me up to tell me that school was over. Wednesday I had an extremely painful headache that just suddenly appeared and instead of taking pain medication I just went to bed, the headache actually wore me out. Today my head felt better, but I ended up taking a nap after dinner and during dinner I could barely eat. It felt like I was stuffed to the point that if I ate another thing I'd through up. And that was within a few bites. So I guess what I want to know is should I take another pregnancy test or is this something else?