My husband and I have been trying for a baby, This month my period was late (my periods have been sometime irregular in my past but recently for at least 6 months they have been regular) and so I did a home pregnancy test the day after my missed period, it came back negative. I then waited a few days, so now it is 6 days since my period was due and I did another test and it still came back negative. During this time since my missed period I have managed to get thrush twice. I just don't know what to think is going on, as I have read that you are much more likely to get thrush is you are pregnant but what about the negative tests??

Please could you help

Thanks :-)

I have exactly the same thing going on.. missed period, negative pregnancy test and had thrush (first time ive ever had thrush) period is now 10 days late.. whats going on! Did you find an answer?

Hi, I also have the same symptoms I am about 8 days late for my period and the most I have ever been is a couple, i had thrush which I haven't had before, I am tired, moody, my breasts are enlarged and tender and I wake up all through the night to go to the toilet, it really feels like I am pregnant, just something a woman can sense..still two negative home tests last week..best of luck to you both..let me know how you went :-)

Hi I have missed my period this month I was surpose to come on the 8 th and it is now the 19 th. I have been running to the bathroom alot and feeling nas. I have had regular periods for about 6 month I was surpose to start my clomid 50 on this cycle. I hope I luck up and got pregnant but I just don't know can someone please help me!!!! Also I had a slimy brown discharge yesterday but nothing else!!

Me again.. well still no period. Did another test today and still negative. thats 12 days late, so im figureing by now if i was pregnant it would show up in the HPT.

I was wondering, does anyone know, can thrush cause you to miss a period?

I have been feeling really sick lately, but I dont know if its all in my head. I guess a few more days and I should go to the doctors, have a blood test and find out for certain! then I can stop wondering!

How did other people go?

My period started June 4,it's now june 12. I'm on mircette birth control, i have had one instance of unprotected sex, between the 4 and 12. Which my bf pulled out like always. I always have regular periods. I went to the hospital for pain in the abdomen, they saw i had bladder infection, and then told me i was pregnant! ahhh i was freaking out! but then they did two blood tests which said negative. They gave me antibiotics for my bladder, and 6 hours later tested me for pregnancy which came out negative. What is going on? Isn't it way too soon for mybody to be showing a positive test about a week after my period started, and why did it go away after antibiotics. Im so confused!!! Could it be the bacteria in my body or proteins in my urine?

Hi, wondered how everyone was going on this. I am late as well, breastfeeding a 6 and a half month old, have undertaken a pregnancy test which turned up negative! Still waiting for that period. I have been on antibiotics this past week and then had thrush treatment too. Seems all a bit coincidental to everyone else's comments. Did anyone else actually find out if they were pregnant or did they finally get their period?

Help o.O

My cycle is usually about 31 days long, give or take a day or two. Last month it was 35 days. This month, when I didn't begin after 35 days, I took a test on day 36 and it was negative. I took another test at 38 days and it was still negative. I still haven't gotten it. My husband and I had sex on Sat (day 36) and I really felt like I was going to start, so I put a tampon in and when I took it out (shortly after) there was a little bit of pink on it, and I assumed I was starting. That was three days ago and I haven't bled anymore. I thought that was too late for implantation bleeding, could it have been that though? Any ideas out there?

~Confused...

yeah u might be preg... i waited about 12 days to find out i was preg where i took a preg test at the hospital ...

This forum seems really helpful, I have been having identical symptoms.

First off, my fiance and I are currently using a diaphragm and spermicide because I have bad reactions to the pill. We all know that the D isn't the most foolproof kind of birth control, especially when you use it like we do (i.e. having unprotected sex for about 5-10 minutes before putting in the D). But lately we have been more careful than usual.

My cycle is usually about 30 days long. Last month I had to take a pregnancy test because I was 10 days late. This month I had a bad case of vaginitis that has since cleared up on its own. I attributed it to the D. Now, I am 42 days late and counting. I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it was negative. I have been feeling crampy (as though I'm going to get my period), but otherwise fine, and still no hint of a period!

I have a history of missed periods while on the Pill...but I have been regular for 8 months now while on the D. Also, I have had a little more stress over the past two months (exams and moving to a new house), and my body seems really susceptible to stress.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Same thing is happening to me! My period is very regular I have never missed one ever. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 7 months now. I'm now 9 days late, tender breast, vert tired, and I have thrush. I took a HPT and it came back negative? Has anyone figured anything out yet?

Sounds like what I am going through, you guys are as well. I am about 20 days late with a fairly regular 31 day cycle, (give/take a day or two). I took a pregnancy test last week 1.6.07 and it was negative. My body is susceptable to stress but it usually shows up after a couple days, when I am no longer stressed. I am going to take another pregnancy test this weekend and have a doctors appt. for Feb.
If anyone figures it out please share.

I am having the same symptoms. I haven't had a period since late October. Annual Gyno appt was 1 week to 10 days after last period. Dr told me I had a mild case of vaginitis.

I didn't take the med regularly... kept forgetting.

Haven't had a period since Oct and have taken a pregnancy test every single week and all are negative. (Only had unprotected sex once and he did not finish inside me)

Am wondering WTH is going on....

My period was about 4 days late so I did 3 pregnancy tests which all showed negative, I even bought one of those expensive tests which are meant to detect pregnancy hormone like 5 days before your period is due and that showed up negative. It took a further 2 tests, and a very, very faint line on the test to confirm my pregancy. I am now 35 weeks pregnant so there is no denying that I am expecting! So my advice is that although I never had thrush, a negative test does not necessarily mean that you are not pregnant so best thing to do is to go the doctors and get a blood test because you should always trust your instincts.I also had period pain like cramps for about 4 weeks so even though your body feels like a peiod is coming that is not always the case...

I typed in "missed period negative pregnacy test" in the search engine and ended up here. It's so strange. I recently had thrush (for the first time ever) and I am 12 days late. I have not been on any medications.
I have taken 2 test (both negative). I am on a 28 day cycle. I have always been regular in the past. Does anyone know what could be going on?