It all started with a light discharge, missed period, then frequent urination and a big stomach. Yes, I am pregnant. Five weeks now. I have to say I am extremely happy. However, there is one thing that bothers me. I tried talking to the ladies who were already pregnant but none of them could relate to my problem. My labia are swollen. I suppose this is not so common because none of the women I spoke to had this problem. What could it be?

You should definitely discus this with a doctor who is leading your pregnancy. Many swellings may occur during pregnancy. It could be due to an infection, pressure or even venous changes. I developed varicose veins. They develop because of the pressure of the growing uterus and the pooling of blood. I had to do a lot of resting. Do you feel any discomfort? Make sure you don’t cross your legs. Try to walk a lot in order to keep the blood flowing. I got rid of the discomfort in the second trimester but they reappeared in the third. This is not necessarily your case, so you better have that swelling checked.

I may be late on this reply, I just read this now. I had a similar problem, in fact did not enjoy making love with DH at all if you know what I mean by enjoy. The midwife said it was a side affect of the increased blood circulation to the entire area, and that this wasn't uncommon. But I don't know how swollen you were, so I do not know if this was the same situation. However maybe you could post what the outcome was, so that someone reads this post they will know.
THanks,

what do you mean by light discharge? do you mean it had decreased, that you had a smaller amount than you usually would have? also, did you have any other symptoms as from frequent urination?