My husband got his urine routine check done and the reports mentioned as occult blood (faintly present) what does it means? He has urine infection or some other problem?

Usually there should be no blood present in urine, even though it’s pretty common to find in children’s results. Occult blood means hidden blood, blood that is not visible, but is still present and that I think comes from the way they detect it. Blood in urine can indicate an infection, as you suggested, but it can also be a sign of presence of possible kidney stones or changes in kidney and bladder tissue. To be sure what it is for certain your husband should go to a specialist, but if it was only a routine check and he doesn’t feel anything seriously different or wrong, it’s just an infection.

hey there nikols,

occult blood isnt necessarily something harmfull in its self.

it could mean a UTI but there are going to be white blood cells in there as well.
someone can get faint blood from a lot of things including rought sex or masturbation.

does your husband have any other symptoms of an infection such as pain, trouble or frequent urination or a fever??

My husband was complaining of burning sensation while passing urine, he had kidney stone history in the past. So does that mean that he has a stone now? He also took zocon-as Kit as it was prescribed by my gyneacologist to be taken by both of us. After taking this medication he started getting more burning sensation while urinating.

Yep, you are definitely right Biomajor'10, Wikipedia is on your side on this one. It’s just that the thought of blood that’s present in urine always makes me think first about something that could be wrong. That’s why I asked does lorendsaa husband feels as if something is not quite right.
I don’t think that Zocon would make things worse, if anything it potentially should have helped with burning, depending on the reason why it was prescribed in the first place. Maybe the urine results were like this because of the old stones, not necessarily the new ones, but if he can check it then it’s probably better for him to do that then to worry and think about all the possibilities.