Though I tend to have an overactive bladder anyway, I've noticed that for years, the urge to frequently urinate is much worse following ejaculation. This constant urge usually lasts for about a week afterwards until it gradually subsides. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this problem and what the diagnosis was. I'm inclined to think it could be the result of an infection.

I've had the same problem for the past 5 years. It first started where I had to get up at night to urinate often. Then the frequency increase till I realized that the urinary frequency and the frequency of masturbation corellated exactly. the less I mastrubated, the less I felt the urge to urinate. It basically feels like the nerves in the bladder get more sensitive everytime I ejaculate

I've gone to many doctors to figure out the problem no one could help me. they all say masturbation has no side effects, its all in my head. can some body please help?

I don't think it would be out of the ordinary to experience frequent urination for a short period of time after ejaculating, because that would be the body's way of clearing the semen out of the urinary tract. However, since having prostate surgery a little over a year ago, I sometimes have frequent urination and a slightly irritated feeling in my bladder area for a day or two after ejaculating. You inclination to suspect that it is caused by an infection doesn't seem reasonable, because that would be easily diagnosed by your GP or Urologist.

my urologist says it's because of an enlarged prostate. An ejaculation inflames the area even more and causes me to go even more frequently

yes it drives me crazy . If i have more than 1 ejaculation or several within a couple of days the problem is worse!! don;t take the antibiotics before you get a complete exam. These symptoms can improve after 3-5 days (esp if you refrain from sex. its not alwayss a bacteria involved ;could be irritation of tissue.

The same happened to me. I realized however that these symptoms usually arose when I drank a lot of water prior to masturbation. Hope this helps

I did not pay attention to frequent urination until the past few years however it seems that every time I ejaculate I have more frequent urination than usual and it lasts for 24 hrs up to 48 hrs.

I have increased urgency to urinate after ejaculating. The nerves in my bladder become way more sensitive and I feel a disportionate urge to urinate compared to how much urine I actually have. This usually goes away in 48 hours. I can have maybe one ejalculation a week, anymore than that and I have to pee all the time, even waking up 8+ times during the night.

No mate just wash your urethra for like 5 minutes everyday for a week or so and u should see a improvement

I have the same problem. I'm 54. This seems to have started a couple of years ago.
I ejaculate at least 5 times a week
I notice that I have to pee every 20 or 30 minutes. It's worse in the morning.
I haven't found anything that helps but it seems to settle down when I give it a day with out ejaculating. Masterbating or sexual intercourse doesn't seem to make any difference at all.
I sure would like to find something that would help.