Since past 6 weeks. I have increased my water consumption as i was dehydrated and since then as soon as i drink a glass of water I need to urinate in just 17 minutes after drinking it. I drink about 8 glass of water and I urinate the same amount. I was not really used to drinking..I used to hardly drink 2-3 glass per day before. Its been 6 weeks and i havent gotten used to it.. please help me

Hi! Frequent urination is a downside of the increased fluid intake and there is nothing wrong with it. It is surely inconvenient and annoying having to go to the toilet so frequently but it is at least good for your health.

Drinking coffee and other caffeine beverages may also increase water release and so can stress. If you could cut down on these too, it may help but you will probably still go more than often due to increased water intake.

Diseases like diabetes, kidney disease and hypercalcemia may be also responsible for frequent urination. Drinking alcohol excessively may contribute to the urgency and frequency as well.

If you have problems going to the toilet at work, you should cut down water intake during the day and drink in the evenings or nights.

same thing was happening 2 me a year ago, i went 2 the doc. and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes; get er checked out!

You probably have type 2 diabetes. I just read another reply that said they had type 1, but they must have meant type 2 because type one is something you get when your way younger and can cause blindness! But I know for a fact that's not what you or that other person have. Other signs are unusual weight loss and fatigue. I think you should check with a doctor. My mom has the same thing. So I do know that this can be easily controlled by paying attention to what you eat and checking your blood sugar daily, so there's really nothing to worry about if you do have it. It doesn't have anything to do with death or ANYTHING like that. Well I hope this helped(: x

It seems that your kidneys are working well....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Increasing water consumption alone it not responsible for retaining water in the body

Because as you increase it ...you will lose it directly unless you have sufficient amounts of salts in your diet

Thus, salts can hold water in the body and not water alone..

So check your consumption of good quality of salts...

Balance your water/salt intake.... (Electrolytes)

This will insure holding of water in the body and fighting dehydration problem

And remember you have to be patient and wise...!

I also have the same problem as soon as i drink water i need to urinate in jus 10 minutes..... now i cut down drinking lot of water although it  is summer...... your advices are enlightening... thanks a lot..........