Hello! My girlfriend has been complaining about the burning sensation while urinating but she doesn’t want to do anything about it. Is there a woman or a girl here that can help me with this stuff? Thx!

Hi! This burning and painful sensation during urination is called dysuria. It happens often to women. There are two the most common reason for this problem. They are UTI that is Urinary Tract Infection or any of the STDs. If it is an STD, I suppose you should have some problems as well but not necessarily. It is very important that she does tests and examinations so that she can get the right diagnose and an appropriate treatment.

That is common among women. My guess is that she has a yeast infection. If it gets swollen and really painful during and after sexual activity especially whenn urinating. Also during there is a white discharge that often appears.The treatment is only 2 days long. No biggie.

I’ll tell you for I had few times urine infection, I was treated with antibiotics and it has reoccurred few times and for that I was taking some low dose of antibiotic for a longer period of time for there was a little blood traces on my urine also. It is more likely you have urine infection for the symptoms you have such as pain and burning urine and frequent need to urinate. I know that feeling of burning urine it’s not pleasant at all and I advice you go to the doc for this infection may be easily spread on kidneys which might become very complicated condition. If you happen to have fever, rigors and the pain on the lower back area than it may indicate that the infection has spread on kidneys. So you better go to the doc just to get proper treatment, you’ll probably have urine lab test done and urine culture that will show which bacteria have caused it and according to that you’ll be prescribed the proper antibiotic. I also ultrasound control in order to determine infection’s source for I had urinary infection reoccurrences or even cystoscopy might be performed for these urine infection are also considered as uncomplicated cystitis.