Last week my girlfriend's period was late and we were a bit worried. That night we had sex and the condom broke so she decided to take the morning after pill just in case she wasn't pregnant before and we had to worry about the broken condom. She said she got her period and bled a little almost immediately after taking it 2 days ago but she said she hasnt bled since and has extremely bad cramps (worse than normal). So we are just wondering if it is possible that she was pregnant before she took it and it made her bleed a little anyway but she didnt actually get her period because of the pregnancy. Thanks for any help and answers as it will make both of us feel much better.

Unfortunatly, if she was pregnant and then took Plan B, she is probably still pregnant. Plan B DOES NOT cause a miscarraige and there for should never be used as a method of birth control. The broken condom issue could be helped by taking Plan B, but that's it. My advice to you is to get her pregnancy test as soon as possible, and buy larger condom's.

My question was is it possible for the morning after pill to make her bleed as if she got her period even if she was already pregnant?

No, I told you if she was already pregnant and took Plan B, she is still pregnant. If she was NOT pregnant at the time she took Plan B and saw bleeding, then Plan B is probably taking care of it.

I don't know if you follow the new's, but the Obama administration passed a law where a women under the age of 17 can NOT freely buy Plan B without a prescription anymore. To many people are using it for a birth control method. I don't know ow old she is, but she need's to look into some birth control. Planned Parenthood is a excellent place to start, and the give you condom's...FREE.

Ok I have a question regarding almost to the same thing.

I got a three day period last month the right day I should of gotten it .
Two days later I had unprotected sex and took plan B before the 72hrs
A few days later I got a heavy period that lasted about 6 days .
After it went away Ive had unprotected sex all this month I missed my period
And I am currently pregnant . Is it possible that I am pregnant from
The time before I took plan B??? Even though I got my period and then bleeded for 6 days after I took the pill .

I would say that with all the unprotected sex you are having, your probably pregnant this time. If you got a heavy period that lasted 6 day's, that meant that you were obviously not pregnant anymore. The pill that you took is not an abortion pill, so you weren't pregnant last month when you had a 3 day period. (in the event that you may have conceived at that time)

With that said...why would you keep having unprotected sex, ALL this month...without some form of protection? You say you missed your period, again! Why would you waste your money on Plan B when it's cheaper in the long run to get on some birth control? That is the problem now day's, young people are using Plan B as a form of birth control, which is wrong. If you can't afford a perscribed birth control method, then your partner should go to your nearest walmart and buy a pack of condom's. Planned Parenthood gives them away for free. If you don't want a kid now, please get yourself some lasting protection. Plan B is for the occasional mistake, not for everyday use.

Thank you , The bottom part was not my case it was something a little more serious why We choose to get the pill but I trully understand you're opinion . This was very unexpected because My partner and I had been together in the past three years and I was Never able to get pregnant . It seemed like I had a problem to get pregnant . I was asking because plan b had never worked like that . And I'm concerned because I didn't know wether those six days of bleeding where a normal period Or not ,maybe my body just reacted like that with the pill . i barely started feeling the symptoms since 2 weeks and half Like certain food I liked didn't seem good as before and of course I've been sleeping a lot more but eating a lot less . I am planning to Go to the doctor to see how far I am. My question is you take plan b isn't it suppose to make It harder for you to get pregnant ? I'm just wondering I Guess because of my past experience I'm so in chocked I got pregnant so fast this time. I'm really thankful for you Helping me out.

i took the morning after pill and i bleed an hour later is that fine

hello i took the morning after pill the next day that i had sex then 4 days later i started bleeding when my period wasnt due until 2weeks i have been bleeding for 9 days now  is this normal after taking the morning after pill ?

ill just share my experience. i took next choice pills about 12 hours after unprotected sex. i got my period the same day i took the morning after pill but it was due to come that day also. i also got my next period on time but maybe around 2 days late. i took about 5 preg. tests and they all say negative but i will say these little pills have some nasty effects on your body. i gained weight, was extremely irritable moody tired bloated as ***** and my boobs swell&hurt. i could have swore i was 100percent preggo by the way i was feeling but no....its just these crazy pills and there hormones they put in you. i know i know the box says symptoms will last a few days? right? Bull****. its been over a month and im still not normal from them. will say though i didn't get pregnant:] so its worth it if thats what your going for.

OK I took the next choice one-step also I had just got off my periodthe same day....my husband had just got out of jail and we had a big slip up...so I took the pill but not till 2days later....now a week later I started bleeding again but now really bad cramps and heavy bleeding...is that normal?

I have the same question as Seam and you didn't do anything but pull a Hillary Clinton and dance around the topic and deflect the "issue" on him. Why did you assume she was 17 lol maybe you're 17 because you can't answer a simple question

So I’m going to share my experience. I had unprotected sex a week before I was supposed to get my period. He used the pull out method. I wasn’t able to get/take plan b within the time frame it works so I just took a chance. Exactly a week after, I started to have discharge come out, it was brown and light pink but kind of heavy so I’m assuming this was my period. After my period, I had protected sex and he came in the condom but when he pulled it out, the condom stayed in me, and the outside of the condom dripped. I’m not sure if some dropped in me so I took plan b the next morning. 5-6 days after plan b I started bleeding. It was dark and light brown and sometimes dark red, it looked like my period. This is now the 3rd day but all day today and most of yesterday, there was barely anything and it was light brown. The 1st day I started bleeding, I had my period symptoms: cramps and my legs go numb. But I’m not bleeding anymore. I’m hoping if the plan b makes you bleed, you are most likely not pregnant. I know I am a young person who isn’t ready to have a child, and I know there are many just like me who get worried and start stressing out too much. I encourage you guys to visit the planned parenthood website because they give lots of real information and you can always call them if you have questions.