Hi. I want to have a baby. The problem is I suffer from MS. I would like to hear how can to cope with MS during pregnancy? Will MS affect pregnancy?

Hi. I am 4 months pregnant and I suffer from MS. Pregnancy should be closely monitored in women with MS. You can take meds, including steroids and anti-inflammatory meds, during pregnancy. I was told pregnancy doesn`t worsen the effects of MS on your body. However, some say MS symptoms decrease in pregnancy and increase after delivery. Some women with MS are not physically able to handle pregnancy. I have to take extra care because my coordination problems make me more likely to fall. My doctor said delivery may be more difficult.

Honestly I felt better than I had felt in years while I was pregnant. My doctors decide to do a C-Section to help avoid the complications of labor and the MS. 95% of women will have an exaserbation after giving birth. Have a C-Section decreased that number 65%. I actually had no problems after delivery.