Few days ago, I have been talking to one friend of mine and she told me fact that worries me. She said about 75 percent of infected women have no symptoms of Chlamydia infection. Since I am pregnant, I guess that might cause problem to me. I do not know anything about that, but I would like to find out, since I am pregnant. Can you tell me how Chlamydia might affect my baby or me during pregnancy and which are symptoms.

If you will have any symptoms of Chlamydia during pregnancy, they are likely to show up about one to three weeks after you have been infected. Chlamydia is a curable bacterial infection that can be transmitted through sex or from a woman to her baby during delivery. Women who have Chlamydia during pregnancy tend to have higher rates of infection of the amniotic sac and fluid. Furthermore, they are likely to have preterm birth, although prompt treatment may reduce the risk of these problems. Some studies have linked Chlamydia to an increased risk of miscarriage, although other studies found no connection between Chlamydia and pregnancy. An untreated Chlamydia infection makes you more susceptible to HIV and some other sexually transmitted infections. These symptoms may include burning or discomfort when you urinate, inflammation of your cervix, and increased vaginal discharge. What's more, if you have a Chlamydia infection when you go into labor, there is a chance that you will pass these bacteria to the baby. In fact, up to half of babies born vaginally to mothers with untreated Chlamydia will contract the infection. That is why it is best to be treated during pregnancy, and prevent your baby from becoming infected, in the first place.

Im a 21 year old woman and about a year ago I found out I had Chlymidia I emediatly took the antibiotics to get rid of it then got tested again and I was all clean. However my fiance and I have been trying to have a baby for about 6 months with no luck at all. Could this be a resault of my Chlymidia? and is there anything I can do to increase my chances? please send response to e-mail below.
_[removed]_

Thanks,
Autumn