I personally think that women have a right to chose her health care and be in control of her body. I know that trend has come that some doctors and ethicist fuming because they contend that c-section is more dangerous for mothers and their babies. I would like to hear professional thinking about this topic. Want to know if it’s much worse to do c-section or vaginal birth. Also I want to know if there are some dangerous side effects after c-section is done.

Someone said that our values got out of whack completely about giving birth when someone says he is going to do something that is more dangerous to my health and babies’ health. Other said that it’s not a certainty that a scheduled c-section is more dangerous than vaginal birth. Fact is that c-section has become very safe procedures with small coincidence of side effects. Rate of serious complications such as maternal death related to c-section delivery is extremely low. However, there are some risks that are higher after c-section than after vaginal delivery. Side effects due to anesthesia are reactions to medications and breathing problems. Bleeding and infection are side effects related to surgery. Some additional risks specific to c-section are infection of the bladder or uterus, injury to the urinary tract, and injury to the baby. About two thirds of women who attempt a vaginal birth after cesarean or VBAC delivery are successful.

:shock: :shock: i has a c section and had to be put to sleep with a tube down my throat because i could feel them cutting ,so anyway when i woke up,my throat was sore and i kept coughing up flem ,not to mention it hurted so much trying to get that flem out of my throat after the c-section.so now its 10 months after having my daughter and the flem or whatever it could be is still there and my daughter automatically knows that mommys around when she hears my cough because shes heard it all her life.

LOL. my mom just had a c- section. i am my mothers daughter trying to look up the side effects of c- section. she is saying the same thing you are saying coughing up the flem and having sore throat. but the only thing is that she cannot cough because of the incision and it hurts while she cough

i had a very bad experience with my section, it was done in an emergncy, and 4 months later my wound has only just heal and closed, during surgery i was awake and almost died due to massive blood loss, no-body told me what was happening during or after surgery, and while i was under the knife i could hear the surgens laughing and joking, also they where arguing over how many stapels they used. Now im faced with a major problem.... ive just found out im pregnant again 8-|

I had a c-sec 9 months ago and am still hurting from it and also had a bad experience from it! I had to be put all the way under as well because I felt them cutting me, when i woke up my throat was sore too. I slept in the recliner for 3 weeks and couldn't hardly move. Now if I am up alot i have spasms and just hurt! But it's different for everyone.

I had a planned c-section after orignally wanting a home birth as my second was measuring up so big. I really didn't want one as the side affects and recovery period seemed long and I wanted to be at home and make it an easy transition for my first. Also I like to be in control and my first natural birth had felt so empowering. However although the procedure was unpleasant and I did not enjoy it, it did mean my son and I were both well and most importantly he was safely delivered. What I would like to say is that the procedure went really well, I was up out of bed the following morning and felt really well after a week or so. The wound healed quickly and I was really surprised how well and how quickly I recovered from what is serious surgery, I didn't feel a thing though I was awake throughout and my pain post op was managed really well too. I would prefer a natural birth, but if a c-section is what you need to have for the safety of you both, I had a good experience of that too. :-)

I had a c-section last December, it was an emergency planned one due to breach position. However, I am doing fine. I was able to lift the baby, and came home on the 4th day. I was moving up and down the stairs, slowly at first, and quicker later. And my stiches healed in few days, by the end of first month, the staples fell, and the stiches are not visible. Only numbness in the area.

I was given epidural on my back, and I was listening, I opted to have a screen between my face and the operated area. I was aware of the cuts and the stiches. I slept after the operation. Thanks to my OBG, I chose one with experience, than one with less exp. Mine had been practising for more than 35 years.

In our community, when we get operated/ major cuts, we follow certain food restrictions like avoiding certain food that causes inflammation near cuts. I did the same, and took care to see that water does not touch the area of operation. The doctors told me to eat everything, but, I avoided. Also, after a childs birth, we are given more of certain kinds of food, like the food that generates heat in the body and food with butter. They say that such food helps us in recovering fast and help our bones to gain strength.

After 10 months, I doing perfectly fine with c-section and moving around normally. I have other health issues, but none from C-section.

Wow, such negative experiences. I had a c-section with my second child and it was a breeze compared to the ordeal of a vaginal delivery. My episiotomy with the first birth was far more painful and took longer to recover from than the c-section incision. I was strongly opposed to elective c-sections until I had one, and now I can't imagine why anyone would choose to do it the 'old-fashioned' way that, for me, was so much more complicated and painful even though it was technically 'normal'.

I had a c section 4 years ago due to the fact that my son was breech and in an odd position i was in the hospital for 4 days afterwards and i really didnt have much pain but on the day they released me out of the hospital they took out my staples that was holding the incision together which i thought was wierd anyways my son had to stay in the hospital in the icu for another night so i was going to go home to get a change of clothes and to get outta the hospital for a couple hours when i got back to the hospital my pants were full of blood so i changed and didnt think anything of it. 10 min later it happened again my csection incision had split open about an inch they had to take me back to the er to be looked at by the dr who delivered my son by the time i got down there my whole incision had split open i was in the hospital for another day and checked for an infection for the next 5 months i was on home health care and had to go to a wound dr 2 times a week i wasnt really allowed to do anything it was very odd.

I have been on both sides having had a wonderful vaginal birth and an AWFUL C-section. I loved having my vaginal birth because there was an instant bond with my baby I fell in love right away. I also got to nurse and go home the next day! the recovery for me was so quick, I was out shopping the night I went home!

Now with the c-section..it was an emergency one (after getting all the way to 10cms and was about to push but baby was butt down, although thats an easy position to birth still..but I didnt know that at the time!) Anyways I got knocked out, I hurt so badly, I barely walked for 2 weeks! Swoll right up from the amount of fluids given too me. I hated life and I was depressed for months! I didnt have an instant bond..I barely looked at him for a month..resulting in formula feeding since I couldnt handle it at the time...

My insision split open MANY MANY times!! One time SO bad there was puss flowing out for an hour! and they used dissolvable stiches..that NEVER dissolved. instead irritated my scar and came to the top and became gross and full of puss.

Guest wrote:

Id lov to know who was your doctor..im pregnant with twins and might need a c section but everyone comments bad things about it..id like to have an experience like yours.

I just had a c-section two days ago and it was fantastic. I started my labor on Monday morning at 7am and it took me 25 1/2 hours to get to 10cm. I had an epidural at 9pm Monday that only completely numbed my right side, but my left side was left semi-numb and there was a spot on my lower back on my left side that was not numb at all and I felt all of my labor pains in that spot on my back and lower belly. The contractions were tolerable until I got to 8-10cm dilated. This pain is excruciating and if not for c-sections, I would never have another child... and I want three. I pushed for 4 hours and then they said that she was "sunny side up" which means that she was head down, but she was looking up. There is no way that a woman can push out a baby like this. The doctor gave me 3 options....... he could up my pitocin (which was an absolute NO, since I was in so much pain I was delirious), he could use forceps to turn her head (which is very dangerous and could tear the inside of my vaginal wall), or I could have a c-section. I chose the c-section, mainly because I just wanted the pain to stop and I wanted her out and safe. They removed my epidural and put a spinal block in (I highly recommend a spinal block), I didn't feel anything after this.... it was instant pain relief. It made me a tad bit sleepy, but I remember seeing her for the first time after they took her out and cleaned her off. My husband got to hold her and cut the cord :) It was a magical experience and even now, two days later, I am not in a crazy amount of pain and the scar isn't horrible either. I would rather have a c-section than anything else. I dont know why anyone would ever have a baby vaginally if they can opt to have a c-section.

Ummmm...I had two vaginal deliveries where both babies were "sunny side up."  I am confused by Kelsies comment that you cannot vaginally deliver a sunny side up baby.  I even delivered one of them with no pain relief i.e. epidural.  Yes, it took a lot of extra pushing but it is very common and women deliver sunny side babies vaginally all the time.  Also, forceps is not that dangerous especially if you have a very practiced doctor.  I had a forceps delivery as well.  No big deal.

hi i could do with advice plz email me play-girl17@hotmail.co.uk