Hi everyone! I have been living with ulcerative colitis for a few years probably, but it was only diagnosed a month back and I am very confused about the things I am allowed and not allowed to do now. Take multi-vitamin supplements - everyone takes them, right? But should I?

I think you have more reason than most people to take vitamin supplements, because your conditions means that your body is less able than many others to properly absorb the vitamins. In fact, you should ask your doctor for advice on which vitamins you should take, which are the most beneficial for your condition.

Hello there tannie477,

As jill1112 has already said you need to take vitamins and it would be best to consult with your doctor about the dosage and the certain type of vitamins. Vitamins are essential part of our diet and doctors are always saying that we are not taking them enough so you should continue with taking your supplements.

How are you managing with ulcerative colitis? I hope that you will feel better  soon.