I'm showing some minor symptoms of what may be a cold coming again. And it's less than a month since I had one. So I'm starting to think maybe I should be taking a multivitamin. I know I don't eat as well as I should, so I figure it can't hurt. I'm also tired constantly, and my mom said I should take a multivitamin. (But really, when was the last time children listened to their parents?)

Can anyone recommend a brand or something specific? If you take one, what do you use?

I take (and I think rtpd does too) TwinLab's Supertwin MV.

I'm taking One-a-Day Men's Formula right now. I also take flax oil seeds and a calcium supplement.

i tried multivitamins a while ago. ive tried one a day womens formula and the target brand of the one a day... i honestly didnt notice a difference. being a college student, i dont eat all that well either...thougt the extra vitamins would help. :shrug: maybe i wasnt experimenting enough. plus i hated the yuchy vitamin aftertaste i had for hours afterward.

im not sure where you live but i get supplements from Holland and Barrett there own brand which is simply called vegan multivitamin and mineral.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

You'd probably do ok incorporating a Boost orSnapple-a-day or two for vitamins. They are pretty jam-packed and are really well absorbed by your body since they are in liquid form.

Many people take vitamins before/instead of eating and the vitamin has nothing to bind to. From what I've been told vitamins need something to bind to in order for your body to process them or else all you have is really expensive pee.

yes I do. I switch between them and Solgar V2000, whatever my local health store has in stock.
Supertwin is a great vitamin for the price. Our brother is a pharmacist and highly recommended it after he studied several different types of multis

trhe problem with vitamins is knowing what/when to take them

some like Vit A and E are fat soluable and require food to be eatin with them to get into the body.

others like Vit C are water soluable and need, well, water to get them into the system properly. so just taking the vitamin by itself, , really does not do much in the transportation of the vitamins to the tissues/organs. A glass of juice or water by itself is simply not enough.

I made the mistake this morning of popping one of my kids chewable vitamins before my run, I was vomiting at about the 5th km.

I take 2 tums every day for calcium, a multivitamin, e, flaxseed oil, and iron.

I take a women's One a Day every morning with a glass of water. Should I wait until I eat to take this?

I take the Men's One a Day MV plus MSM, Glucosiamine, and Flax Oil supplements daily.

:1:
Men's One-a-Day
Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM
Flax Seed Oil

I take a one a day multi vitamin (usually CVS brand) and Glucosamine. If I feel a cold coming I drink more water and try to drink oj or eat a orange or two.

Vitamin C, zinc and echinacea apparently help to ward off colds when you feel them coming on. Double up on C from what you take now, and incorporate zinc and echinacea for a week or so.

That's just what I've heard. I'm one of thos people who almost never gets sick. :|