My 11 year old son complains that occasionally his vision gets "weird." He said it's like things will get closer or farther away. He said a lot of times his hearing will start racing then, like he hears everything in fast speed. This lasts about a half hour. Sometimes he gets a headache above his eye after this happens. I suffer from migraines, and have visual distortion (aura, flashing lights) before I get my migraine. Could he be suffering from cluster migraines?

Hi Maryj959,

I am wondering if you ever found anything more about the symptoms your son was having. I have a 6 year old who has started describing almost exactly what you shared in this post. But instead of things being closer and farther away he said things look pokey to him. It comes and goes and doesn't seem to last a very long time but he only started to complain about it 3 days ago.  Anything insight you have gained might help me get us on the right track faster hopefully.

Thank you

I have no idea what it is, but I have what your son has. I used to have it when I was around his age. At some point I had migraines instead. Now I have both. 0.0