Well, I see floaters and the occasional flashing lights in my eyes sometimes, I went to check a doctor and my eyes are supposedly healthy, so it's nothing like a retinal tear, if I think about the lights and floaters, I see them more, if I just forget about them, I never see them, so I dunno what the problem could be, any ideas?

I have the exact same problem pretty much dead on as you described it. I forgot about those flashes for a year or so which is the longest ive gone without it happening, then i thought about when i used to get them and they came back. If you find any information about it that would be cool.

I see the same thing. I read something saying it could be a form of enlightenment. When I dont think about them they go away too. and over time I've seen different types of lights (shapes, figures).

i see translacide things floating in my eyes but i learned to forget about them , i think it's natural and everybody sees them because i have a very sharp vision and see better than everybody.

thats been happening to me to when i dont think about it it never happens but when i do think about it it always happens what is this, its like a circle of light going around the edge of my eyes i can even start to feel it a little it has a warm tingling feeling it usually happens when my body starts to get these strange tingling sensations when im in thought and aware of my emotions. or when i think i've figured something out i guess thats when its the strongest when i figure things out its like a wave of energy but not to get off the subject its just alot of weird things have been happening lately.

Look up diabetes symptoms. This can be a symptom of diabetes.

Thats interesting, I came across this message board looking for people who have the same symptoms, and just as you guys described, I have nearly perfect vision, but I get these waves of light or flashes when I'm deep in thought or become really aware of my surroundings. Its like I see the aura around things, and if I really focus in, everything has the wave of light. I'm thinking its some form of enlightenment as well or seeing the world as it really is, a hologram, but I dont know.

I have been having the same problem for a couple of years, I had floaters and lights tracking around my eyes, I have also noticed a spectrum of colour at the top of my eye. I have been undergoing tests over the last few months at both Bolton and Manchester eye hospitals, I have finally been referred to a retinal detachment specialist who I will be visiting on Thursday - I have a funny feeling he is going to have the answers - my advice is go to the doctors as I am pretty sure its not normal - however common!

I have been getting puddles of light that appear in the corner of my right eye. The puddles then split and go both and down my vision on the far right. I am having an eye test at the weekend. They only seem to appear when I am concentrating - someone mentioned a condition called Moors Lights, which I am going to research.

its a really weird thing, most of the people on this board have had experiences of flashing lights in their eyes .... including me.

Sometimes when i look at things, or maybe if im tired, i get a flashing light in my periffrial vision of my right eye (excuse my spelling)

the best way to describe it is like someone is holding a small hand held mirror and reflecting the suns rays in order to signal morse or gain the attention of a passing plane.

i went to the doctor who said he couldnt seeanything wrong and told me to see the optician, who said nothing was wrong and advised me to see the doctor if concerned. LOL.

Anyway i dont know what it is, an earlier post said it was enlightenment.
and my sister said she once read that it was a guardian angel that appears as a flash in your vision then as you look at it ... its gone.

A much as Id like to believe that, my better judgment says that if it is a guardian angel, then its trying to tell me:
"Reet mate your eyes are well buggered now!!!"

hi
ive had flashing and floaters in both eyes for about 5 years now im 26
about 2 months after they first started i went to see my doctor who told me to go to an optition which i did and the optition said she couldnt see anything wrong..
so 5 years later the flashing and floaters are still here day in day out somedays it seems worse than others ..
ive had quite alot of stress to deal with over the last 5 years so this problem has generaly being put to the back of the que but even when all my other life problems are sorted this one is allways there to worry me..

im considering going back to my doctor and complaining of this again but whats the point if hes just going to send me to the optitions again..
ive not really talked about this problem with freinds or family being the stong silent type lol but when i have i get the feeling they dont beleive me
or think im over exagerating it
suppose this sh*t has to be seen to be beleived

any feedback would be apreciated
cheers
Reefer

I've had flashing a quick 2 second flash of White or blue for over 3 years now. I was told it could be eye strain or migraines without headaches which is very common. I have gone in for several test because they even thought it could be MS related, that was ruled out. Seems Migraines without the headaches is correct and heaven knows with all the time we spend on computers nowadays or staring at our cell phones Eye strain is becoming a serious issue. Good luck to everyone and I hope you'll find this helpful.

1. What is a migraine?

Migraine is a recurrent type of headache that is severely painful and usually occurs only on one side of the head. An aura occurs right before one of these attacks. An aura could be manifested as visual flashes or spots or even ringing in the ears which is opposite of the side where the headache is about to occur. The migraine attack may also come with symptoms of dizziness, vomiting, nausea and double vision.

2. What is an optical migraine?

As opposed to a real migraine, an optical migraine also involves an aura that comes before a migraine attack, but there is the absence of pain. This is rarer than the migraine that comes with severe pain. It is also know as acephalgic migraine or visual or ocular migraine. It is a migraine aura unaccompanied by headache.

Okay mine is a little weird . . it only comes when im doing somthing really physical, but when I get it, its almost like a kaleidoscope of bright flashing multicolored lights.but only around the edges but not blurry at all and in some random shape but the shape will stay the same very sharp and solid but the lights change like an electric kaleidoscope kind of . . i never did halucinogens but i can imagine they might have been somthing like this. . If I ignore it and close my eyes it stays but eventually will fade away. . does this sound familliar ? am I about to have a stroke or somthing?

i have been having similiar symptons for years but was afraid to say anything. ocasionally i see flashes of lite that resemble butterflies in my vision- i know they arent there but i see them plain as day. only there for a few seconds at a time then they are gone. no ryhme or reason to it, just have always been curious what it is...