Migraines,blurred vision,loss of hearing, spotted vision in right eye, please help me!! A week ago I had my first migraine, it lasted 5 hours and was terrible. It started with some blurred vision and spotted vision in my right eye. Then i felt almost drunk. Even after i got the migraine to go away i still felt drunk. i had one everyday for the next week and then had bad nasuea also. now two days have gone by with out a migraine but ive had a head ache. I have had memory and hearing loss for about 6 months, they started about the same time that these sharp terribly painful headaches. they only last less than a second and i only get two a week maybe. If anyone knows what this could all be please email me....

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

Guest wrote:

Please read our Terms of Use[/quote

I have the same symptoms, do we have a tumor?
Im so worried. Help

First of all, Im not a doctor, Im almost 16 & male, and have suffered from migraines for about 2 years

I also get migraine's with blurred vision and trouble speaking or focusing, often i will feel confused and my eyes will be very sensitive to light.
These types of migraines are generally known as "migraine aura",

However i have triggers, Like too much Cheese, focusing too long on the computer, Strong fumes or Not enough sleep, So its easier for me to aviod as many as i can, However i do still get maybe 2 or 3 a month.

dizziness, numbness, difficulty in speaking, confusion, fainting temperally memoryloss, diarrhoea, feel exhausted .. and many more..

But im pretty sure that you shouldn't be experiencing as many as you've said.. and for as long. Migraines generally last between 4 - 72 hours

The symptoms should only be temporary, so memory and hearing loss for 6 months seems quite severe. If you havent already, Go see the GP, It may be nothing but it does seem quite abnormal for a migraine to be that intense.

It may just be a migraine and you could be frequently triggering the migraines with something, It will help you alot if you can find out whats influencing these, and try to avoid them as best as you can.
You could even make a diary to record when you get your migraines and try to remember what you have done & Eaten in the last 6 hours or so..
Then if things contine to appear you'll hopfully be able to find out whats the cause. If you do find out whats your triggers it will be a Massive help and you'll experience a whole lot less.

I wish you best of luck, And i hope this helped at all.

I have had migraines since I was 12 (I'm 36 now) where I experience the loss of (or spotted) vision. When I first got them, I went to the ophthalmologist and optometrist thinking I had some vision problem. It was a little while longer that the doctor told me it's a migraine pinching the optic nerve. The vision part usually last about a half hour and then the headache sets in. It has become a great indication of when the migraine will come though, so I recommend getting a prescription for Maxalt or Imitrex and taking that as soon as the vision loss sets in. As far as timing of migraines, there was a 10-year stretch where I didn't get any, and then they came back again when I was about 26. Since that time they vary -- I seem to get them about every 6 months although there was one month when I had over 35 alone (that was not a very easy month to work, that's for sure). The last time I had a migraine it started off with the vision loss, then I had a memory loss. I couldn't form words and didn't know what things were (I was calling my computer my phone and things like that). If I didn't know migraines could cause this, I probably would have thought I was having a stroke or even a tumor. But rest assured all that you described are symptoms of migraines. I would still recommend seeing a doctor so you can get a prescription, but I would not stress that it's a tumor :-)

Please be careful when taking regular migraine medicines. If you experience aura's as well as memeory loss this means that your arteries are tightening up too much causing reduced blood flow to various areas of the brain. Taking regular migraine meds will further reduce blood flow increasing your risk for stroke. I have been to several neurlolgists and they all confirm this. They advise me to take either asperin or a blood thinner when an attack begins and then pain meds. I am on Tenormin but am switching to a new drug called bystolic for the migriane prevention. This beta blocker selctivly dialates the blood vessels and my dr thinks it might work better than the tenormin because of this. o.O

My wife is experiencing the same symptoms as the first poster. If you have an update you could provide to help us better understand her condition we would REALLY appreciate it as we're very concerned.

I also have double vision. My double vision is constantly. I have been to the neurologist, eye doctor, regular doctor. My MRI shows everything is normal. I sometimes have floaters and blurred vision, but the double vision is constant. I have had three "spells" where I could not speak the words I wanted to say. I am a sixth grade teacher and this is making my life very difficult. Can migraines cause daily double vision without any pain? Please help!!!!

That sounds more like Intracranial Hypertension. See here:
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Have you ever gotten a lumbar puncture to check the CSF pressure?