My 3 years old daughter keeps waking up in the middle of the night and complains on stomach pain. After months of testing she has been diagnosed with apnea, but she still has stomach pain. She is on oxygen for now. But it worries me that they had no explanation for her stomach pain.

Hello, I has same situation with my son, but he wasn’t 3 he was only 16 months old back then. He was also put on oxygen and since then his apnea episodes have increased. Beside apnea he suffered with reflux, so I can’t be sure for stomach pain, but that could be case with your daughter… I don’t know I can’t help you more than this.

From my own experience, stomach pain that happens mostly at nighttime, as mallo said happens :( to her son, is almost always connected with heavy stomach acid secretion which leads to the acid reflux. And, in the situation when your daughter already suffers from apnea, it is best that she sees a gastro specialist; I really don't think she should suffer any more than she needs to, especially because there are easy ways to control stomach acid reflux. There are even few simple things you can do before you get to the doctors. The things I know to help me and that are safe even for a child is to avoid eating at least two hours before bedtime. The other thing is - when she is sleeping, she should be positioned so that her upper body is in higher position. Hope the pain stops, 'cause I know how much I hate it:/