My son Kodie is 11 years old. He was 4 months old when he had his first seizure. He had a heap of tests done and was put on medication until the age of 6. Then weaned off. He had what I considered to be a small seizure in oct of 2004 when he was sick with a high temp. I took him to the doctor and was told to not worry about it. About a month ago we were watching TV andhe fell asleep next to me he was constantly jerking and twitching (not violently) but enough for me to be concerned. I remember him being very twitchy and restless as a baby. My other two sons don't do this. This particular night I watched him for over three hours before putting him to bed. For the time that I observed Kodie the movement was constant. Today I spoke to his Year 7 teacher about some concerns and he told me that Kodie is extreamly vacant in class and finds it hard to keep on track and is always day dreaming. He is constantly tired even though he goes to bed at a reasonable time. The teacher said to me that if he didn't know better he would think he was epileptic? I had told the teacher and school that Kodie is a known epileptic and the correct procedures are in place. The teacher has obversley forgotten . I am confused by the latest events.After the sleeping episode I consulted my GP and was told if he wasn't loosing bladder control don't worry ? What do you think?Should we be concerned %-) Thanks for your input[/img]

I've been epileptic since the age of 13, and I'm 21 now. I've had four grand mal seizures, and numerous smaller episodes. Not once have I lost bladder control.

He might be having seizures, which would account for his 'daydreaming' (or loss of self-awareness).

Find a good pediatric neurologist, explain what's going on. Get medication. This shouldn't go untreated.