My friend told me last weekend that she had turrets but I have known her for almost 2 years and even took her on vacation with me last year. She never seemed to have turrets but she told me that she had pills for them, and that's why she didn't seem like she did. She was recently told to start to go off of her pills by a doctor or so she said. She sometimes randomly swears and yesterday she got very violent and tried to attack me and my friend. After all of this she says she can't remember any of it. What are the symptoms for turrets and does it sound like she has it?

It is easy to check if somebody has turrets. Have a look and see if they have a big barrel sticking out of their head with a lot of empty shell-casings lying around their feet from the discharged ammunition. If not, and they swear at people, blurt out stupid things and are generally anti-social, then they may have Tourette's syndrome, which is another thing altogether, and is not very useful in a war situation.

It is obvious you are a word nazi, but the reason for my comment is that the symptoms of Tourettes do not include being 'generally anti-social'. Some of the behaviours such as coporallia may be socially offensive for some, but it is not anti-social as such.