Okay.  I have known my girlfriend for several years as a friend.  We met in college and hit it off.  I was not looking for any kind of relationship at the time and she was in a fairly serious one then, but we did become good friends.  After college we lost touch for about five years.  We met again by chance at a work conference and renewed our friend ship.  Over a bit of time we began to have real feelings for each other and started dating.  Now she and I both have a string of past lovers and one night stands.  I expected it from her and her from me.  My number is rather modest while her’s is, to me at least, staggering. We were both very candid about this when we got together romantically.  Well good for me. I am the man reaping the benefits of her experience.  Honestly I don’t care about her past in any way.  It’s over and done with and nothing can change it.  I would not ask her to if she could.  My Girlfriend is a strong independent woman and I love that about her.  My issue comes from one of her ex’s returning to her life.  I knew about Ron.  I was however slightly shocked to come home to the apartment my girlfriend and I share together to find Ron sitting at my table drinking coffee with her.  Still not a problem, I trust her implicitly. What shocked me was that Ron was short for Rhonda.  Okay, again I’m not bothered by that really.  It just surprised me is all.  Well Ron had moved into town and looked my girlfriend up because she is the only person in town she knew.  Anyway Ron was apparently an experimental relationship during the years my girlfriend and I lost touch.  Well, I like Ron. She is funny and smart and her sense of humor fits well with my Girlfriend and I.  One of the first things she said to me was that she had not come looking for a relationship with my girlfriend.  I told her I did not mind at all.  Soon after this she became a part of our social lives going to movies, and such with us.  However, it started to get to where it always seemed like she was around.  I would work late and come home to find her and my girlfriend chatting.  One day I took off early on my girlfriend’s day off just to surprise her and take her on a romantic evening only to get home and find her gone.  She had gone out with Ron to help her look for a cheaper apartment.  As I sat at home alone I realized that for the past few months I have grown increasingly jealous of Ron.  I like her I really truly do.  But I found myself wanting her gone never to come back.  I mentioned this to my girlfriend and she told me she’ll talk to Ron about it.  But now I feel guilty about putting my girlfriend in that position.  I'm not really sure what to do now.

Hi Always,

Two questions first.

1.  Do you trust your girlfriend?

2.  Do you trust Ron?

As you said, you are jealous of Ron.  It is normal, to a point.  If you trust your girlfriend however, then there should not be ANY issues.  There is nothing wrong with them chatting.  It's perfectly normal for her to have a friend, as I'm sure you do.  

You do need to set some limits however.  You and your girlfriend need time for yourselves, when Ron is NOT welcome.  That shouldn't be an issue with your girlfriend and Ron will just need to accept that. 

How about inviting a friend along to meet Ron?  Since you get along well socially she should fit in well with any of your other friends.

Hope it helps.

If they start feeling for each other than you should have a threesome

The answer to both is yes. I trust them both. My girlfriend decided after her relationship with Ron that she has no desire to be romantic with another woman. And Ron has proven to be as good as her word as well. I do fully expect my girlfriend to have a social life beyond me. She has a tight group of her own friends as well as mutual friends with me. You are right about time alone with my girlfriend. If I could get just one night a week I would be happy. I want to spend time with her somewhere other then our bed. Sex or no. I enjoy her company as a person and a friend and I guess this all stems from the feeling of losing that maybe? But i like the idea of introducing Ron to a friend. I'll see what we can do about that. Thank you.