HELP my best friends mother just got diagnosed with lupis and my friend is crying i dont know how to comfort her and i fell so bad i don't know what to do!!!!!!! :'(

Be there for her. Allow her to cry. Find out what type of the disease her mother has. Has she been told her mother is likely to die, or is it just a fear? What do you know about the diagnosis?

Where are you? Is there any pastoral support available? Any religious affiliation?

1. Early diagnosis and proper medical treatment can significantly help control the disease and its symptoms. Treating lupus effectively consists of minimizing symptoms, reducing inflammation and pain, helping maintain normal function, and preventing serious complications.
  2. Although there is currently no cure for lupus, nor has there been a new drug to treat the disease in the last 50 years, there are a number of new drugs currently being researched or in clinical trials.
  3. Since the disease affects each person differently, treatments are usually tailored to the specific problems that arise in each person. Medications and dosages will also vary depending on the severity of the disease.

Hope this helps as a start.

I am so sorry but you are a good friend to be there for her. All you can do is be there for her and assure her that this is not necessarily a death sentence. Many people live full and happy lives with Lupus. it does take a little while to get there as doctors have to determine an appropriate treatment. that can be a frustrating time but she will get there. Survival rates are actually quite high with lupus. Numbers will not necessarily help her though as it is a scary thing because no one really knows what the disease will do. Things just happen with Lupus. So, let he be afraid...it is important for her to express how she is feeling and vent to you. From there, after talking to the doctor more and as she sees that her moms condition can be managed, she will start to feel differently. Also, for my family, when they found out about me, it helped us to get involved. We go to all of the Lupus walks in our area and we even have held some fundraisers at my kids school. It helps us to fell like we are doing something about it. Please feel free to send me a message or you friend send me one as I have been fighting Lupus for eight years now. Hang in there and keep hope!
Hugs,
Stephanie

Lupus is not curable. There are many gimmicks out there that try to tell people that there is a cure but sadly there is not. There are however some very successful treatments and lupus can go into remission. Actually, it does go into remission quite often. You can live a very normal life with treatment. The most important thing is to read as much as you can and find a rhumatologist that you trust.

lupus is curable, medical science is moving ahead this days,,
sorry to say,, just cause you are unaware of it,, doesnt mean there isnt a cure

So what is it?