Hello! Here is my situation:

I was on birth control for for 3 years. I was on a very low hormone pill for about about a year because all the other ones made me sick. I got my regular period on the pill April 27th and it lasted until May 1st which is usual. But last month I forgot to take two pills (which I never do) on May 7th and 8th. On the 9th I had really heavy bleeding (which I'm assuming is breakthrough bleeding). I called my doctor's office and the nurse said to stop the pill, throw the pack away, and begin on the Sunday after my next period. So I did that and my period continued until the 18th (really long for me). I have no idea when I'm supposed to get my next period but if I use a 28 day cycle which is what I'm used to then I'm 5 days late for my period. My husband and I usually have had sex every day (except when I was bleeding). For the past two weeks I also have symptoms I've never had before. My boobs are very very sore (especially around nipple), my areolas are darker and bumpier, I have been very tired but have a hard time falling asleep, but then when I do I sleep for like 12 hours. I am also very moody (my husband keeps reminding me of that). I have terrible heartburn after every meal no matter what I eat. I have I also have frequent headaches, waves of dizziness and nauseous, and all of this is very irregular for me even if it is PMS. I took an hpt on the 7th, 8th, and 10th and they all said negative. My husband and I would love for me to be pregnant, but I don't know if it's something due to coming off the pill, or false negatives, or what. I am not under any stress or anything else. I've also had to abruptly stop the pill once before because of an interaction I had with another medication and nothing like this happened, I remained regular. 

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I would call my doctor and make an appointment to get a confirmed diagnosis or have them take a blood sample and conduct a pregnancy test. Sometimes the levels of hormones in urine are low enough to be undetectable, but with blood the results should be very conclusive.

(I apologize if I'm too late in replying)