Hello, folks. My friend’s kid has been recently diagnosed with the Perthes disease. He was previously complaining on hip pain. Can this pain be the cause of this disease? I don’t know much about this, so all help is more than welcomed. I would appreciate all your replies considering this. Bye!

Hello. I think that you mixed something. Perthes disease is the cause of hip pain, not the other way around. Perthes disease belongs to a group of aseptic necrosis of bones. It seems terrible, but it is not so. In most cases, after few years, the disease passes on its own. The bones just remodel to the normal. I hope this will be the case with your friend’s kid. Good luck! Bye!

Hi, there. I agree with the previous post. You mustn’t mix the cause and the consequence. Perthes disease usually manifests with hip pain. Limping is also another common sign of this disease. I have also heard that in most cases, this disease passes on its own. I hope I’ve helped a little. Please, let me know if you need more details. Good luck! Bye!