Hello, folks. My little nephew has started to stutter. I know that there is a psychological tension within his family and I suspect this can reflect on him. I would like to know if this is possible. I would appreciate if anyone could answer my post. Thank you for replying to my post.

Hi, there. Many scientists still don’t know what causes stutter. Some experts even think it is genetically caused. However, psychological factors are very important. Since there is a psychological tension in that family, there must some reflection on the kid. Stutter can be a manifestation of this reflection. Your brother’s family should seek for a professional help. I am sorry I can’t tell you more. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello. I agree with the previous post. The tensions in a family must reflect on child’s mental health. This kid is obviously manifesting this with stuttering. I think you should talk to the parents and explain them what they are doing. Let them ask for a professional help. I am sure if they sort this out, child will stop stuttering in time. Otherwise, stuttering is very difficult for treatment. I hope everything will settle down. Bye!