Hi, guys. I am pregnant for several months, but it appears that my unborn baby was found to have arrythmia. I was wondering how common that is. I am worried and I hope I will find out something more here. What can you tell me about this? I appreciate you for replying to my post.

Hello. The science has improved and now we can see baby’s heartbeats. Arrhythmia represents an irregular heartbeat. Usually, it is not related to some heart formation problems, but it can be in some rare cases. If this is the first time appearing, then you shouldn’t worry a lot. Most often, it stops after few weeks. The exact cause is unknown, but some people think it is caused by viral infection. If it persists, the baby should be evaluated by pediatrician after a birth. Just in case, you should talk with your obstetrician little more about this. I hope nothing is wrong. Good luck!

The Doctors found my unborn baby's arrhythmia the week before I gave birth when I went in to get induced. It was VERY obvious when I heard it on the heart monitor. His heart would skip a beat every 12 or 13 heartbeats. I was very nervous but was told the skip would most likely correct itself.

The day after my son was born, the doctors performed on EKG on him. They were not worried when they saw the results: they just kept saying that his heart would fix itself and to pay attention if he had any shortness of breath.

When we went in for our 1 month Dr. Appointment, his pediatrician could barely notice it (the skipping wasn't as regular.) Just to make sure, she checked his body for any irregularities that would result if there was a problem.

When we went in for his 2 month appointment, his pediatrican could not hear the skip anymore and determined that the skip had indeed corrected itself.

It does seem pretty common for babies as their little hearts are just immature. Good Luck!

I also have a baby with arrhythmia. I am 6 months pregnant, and am kinda worried. The 2 doctors that I have seen said that I probably shouldnt worry about it, but I am only 18 and a first time mom. Everyone keeps trying to reassure me that my son will be okay, but its kinda scary and I am just worried about him.

Hi my baby had exactly same thing when he was born his heart rate was 200 but after a couple of days everything was normal his heart rate was 150 and now my baby just turned 1 and he is a healthy baby.