Hi, folks. My wife and our baby should arrive tomorrow. I know that baby shouldn’t be overheated. I would like to ask how to know if in my home is too hot for my baby. This is our first kid and we have a lot of uncertainties about this. I hope you understand this. Thank you in advance.

Hello. I would like to congratulate you first for your newborn baby. I recommend you to keep thermometer in a room where baby spends the most of her time. The temperature should be between 68 and 72 degrees in winter. Don’t over-bundle your baby. She should have light clothes. You can consult a pediatrician for more details. I hope I was also helpful. Good luck with all this! Bye!

Good evening. I also like to congratulate you on your baby. I can imagine how you feel. I would agree with the previous post. Thermoregulation center within babies is still not quite developed. If you overheat her, her skin would be warm. You can see it by touching it. You can also try measuring baby’s body temperature. Baby’s body temperature depends much more upon environmental temperature than adults’. I hope this helps.