Hello, folks. My husband and I have just gotten a baby. However, I am little worried. My husband is asthmatic for years. I am afraid that my baby might inhereted asthma from my husband. Is this possible? What do you think? I would be very grateful for this piece of info. Thanks, guys.

Hi, there. Asthma cannot be inherited directly from a parent or parents. However, one can inherit predisposition. Or one can even inherit something that doctors call atopic constitution. If I could translate this, I would say this is predisposition to allergies. Your kid can be healthy. Or your kid can have some other atopic disease like atopic dermatitis. What you can do is to avoid provoking this. You mustn’t smoke in his surroundings. You should also keep his area clean and dust free. You can consult a pediatrician about this.