A few days ago after intercourse with my boyfriend I noticed some discomfort in my vagina which led to both of my vagina lips swelling up severely, stayed that way for 2 days? or so. The inside of my vagina lips were peeling, I was able to wipe off the skin, which led to further discomfort as far as itching and soreness goes. Could it be any sort of STD? His pubes rubbed up against me alot more than usual, which I thought irritated me like crazy but I've had the peeling happen on another occasional. Any help?

i have the exact same symptoms
and im really worried
its painful and soo uncomfortable
they have been itching like crazy and when i try to scratch them they HURT and peeling and bleeding and wiping of skin
ahh its bad ?

It could be the HPV virus, or it could be herpes, but dont ignore it!! Just because it goes away and occasionaly comes b ack doesnt mean its not serious. You ladies have an infection, and by stalling to see the doctor hoping its just a one time thing makes it worse. You can prevent it entirely by seeing the doctor NOW. He can give you anti biotics or some sort of cream. If you keep ignoring it it could actually develop as a serious disease, which right now it hasn't since its in early stages. SEE YOUR DOCTOR RIGHT NOW.

hi for the past week ive been having itching in my vagina. it gets swollen and when itching too long it slightly bleed and pains me. on the inside where the itching takes place are some fine bumps and my vagina is red. what is the cause of this and how can it be prevented?

I've had the same problem with burning, swelling, and itching after intercourse. This might seem a bit personal, but if your vaginal discharge is thick and lumpy (often described as looking like cottage cheese) it could be a severe yeast infection. If the person that you had intercourse with wasn't completely clean on or around the genitals, something could have thrown off things down there. A test for yeast infections can be picked up at your local drugstore and you can see if that's it. If that ends up being the diagnoses, you can pick up a few different products for it (I've used Monistat and have had no problems) or you can call your gynecologist and he/she can prescribe you something, usually a suppository that you use just before going to bed.

Hope I helped! Good luck!

P.S. If things persist, you shouldn't hesitate to go see your doctor! Gynecologists can be awkward, but they can work miracles sometimes.

i have the same problem but it just started. i had sex last saturday night with my boyfriend same person of the last 3 years and im on the birth control pill. lately ive been feeling some itching and today my vagina started to swell and i have a creamy white discharge. i wanta know if its a yeast infection or something more serious??

hi, my vagina lips are swelling to the point where it is uncomfortable to walk. i had sex last night, it was rougher than usual and my boyfriends pubs rubbed against me more. I read on another post that this happened to another girl but all she did was ice and it immediantly the swelling started to decrease. i tried this, and its certainly not working as fast as i would like it too. im hoping that this was only caused because of the roughness and his pubs irritating my vagina, but if you have any other thoughts about what i should do or what could have caused this i want to hear your thoughts!!

ITS A YEAST INFECTION!!! get it treated or it will get worse! either way consult to your doctor to see if it isnt an STD

I agree that it is a yeast infection. I think the best thing you can do is talk to a doctor or a pharmacist about treatment. At this point it is not going to get better so you need to get treatment soon. Please keep us posted, okay?

Guess that is why I am on here looking too. My vagina is red and kinda swollen and it looks like it is peeling. I just recently had bronchitis and have been taking meds. Maybe that has something to do with it? Because I know it is not an STD.

I am fifteen years old and 29 weeks pregnant with my first child.. This morning I had discomfort down in my vaginal area so I looked in the mirror because it would not go away and I was worried. On the right side right on the inside, it was swollen and red. It kinda itches too. Does anyone know what it could be? I had a test for all STDs at my first appointment after I discovered that I was pregnant, and have not had sex with anyone since before my first appointment. I am very worried, but very embarressed and modest to go to the doctor.. Does anyone know what it could be? Please help!

I am fifteen years old and 29 weeks pregnant with my first child.. This morning I had discomfort down in my vaginal area so I looked in the mirror because it would not go away and I was worried. On the right side right on the inside, it was swollen and red. It kinda itches too. Does anyone know what it could be? I had a test for all STDs at my first appointment after I discovered that I was pregnant, and have not had sex with anyone since before my first appointment. I am very worried, but very embarrassed and modest to go to the doctor.. Does anyone know what it could be? Please help!

I had my baby about 3 1/2 months ago. He got thrush in the mouth and gave it to me b/c I was breastfeeding. It is a form of a yeast infection and was on my nipples. I put cream on it that we got at the doctor's office. Ever since the labor I've been really sore in my vagina area b/c I had 12 stitches down there. I figured my vagina was just healing differently and that was why my lips were more swallon than normal. But now its been a little over 3 months and every time my husband and I have sex I'm in more pain and sometimes I bleed. My lips on my vagina look like they're swallon and itch really bad. I am also still having discharge-lots of it. Sometimes it looks like my discharge might be colored as if there is blood in there. Could this be a yeast infection that I might have gotten from son when I got thrush from him? I haven't been to the doctor b/c I assumed this was all apart of my body healing from the labor and delivery, but now I'm thinking something is very wrong.

yeah i just got off of antibiotics and i think its a yeast infection.

It's not a yeast infection, but it IS an infection! This sort of problem is usually caused by antibiotics. They destroy all the good bacteria that you need to have and upset the pH balance of your genitals. I recommend going to your doctor and telling them all your symptoms. They'll most likely give you the antibiotic used to treat yeast infections since it's made specifically to restore the proper pH balance and not destroy the bacteria you need. I know it sounds weird to have 'good bacteria', but you do. Now, the drug stores carry a test that will give you a good indication of what kind of infection you have (it'll be near the yeast infection treatments) so you can go to your doctor with a bit of information if you like. You *need* to see a doctor, though. I know it's embarrassing, but your genitals are pretty important and you don't want them all messed up, right? And believe me, your doctor has most likely seen muuuuuch worse!

Until you can see a doctor, I recommend a vaginal itch cream and plenty of showers. Keep yourself as clean as possible and try not to scratch - that only makes the swelling worse and with the skin peeling, you can very easily scratch too deep and cut yourself. NO SEX until you are 100% clean and back to normal. DON'T PANIC! Every girl will experience this at least once, so you're not a dirty freak or anything.

Also, if you took antibiotics and then got this infection, make sure you are completely finished with your antibiotics before you treat the infection. Otherwise, you'll clear it up just to get it again because the antibiotics will just destroy the good bacteria again.

Good luck, ladies!