For the past 3 years just under my vaginal lip where the pubic hairline stops, The area randomly becomes sensative and itchy and sore. During my sleep I itch it and by the time I wake up its raw and painful. I have seen a doctor about it, but she said it was nothing to worry about and that I should keep the area clean. I, however dont think it has anything to do with the area being clean as I am very clean, I shower everyday and after sex and i wear cotten underwear. I have no idea what it is! Also, it appears to pop up randomly.

Now its gotten worse as I think it has spread. Late afternoon, two days ago, I started noticing a sensativity around my genital area. By the time I woke up yesterday morning it was swollen and red and the inside of my vagina was red, sore and very itchy. I have also been getting lower abdominal pain, which is not normal for me as I am in the 3rd week of my cycle. I am not sure if this is related to the above condition. Today nothing has changed. I thought that it might be thrush, however, I am not getting a white cottage cheese discharge but a clear yellow discharge.

I have been sexually active with my partner for 2 years and we dont use protection as we are exclusive. He is also my first sexual partner. We did have sex about 2 days before the sensativity began. he did not ejaculate inside me as I was at my peak ovulation (we do the rythem method to avoid pregnancy and have done so for 2 years). But considering this, there is a chance I could be pregnant. Would these symptoms be associated with that?

I am perplexed to know what it is. I dont think its an STD as I had the 1st condition before I met him and I assume I would have gotten something long ago. Also, I am 100% sure that he hasnt cheated on me.

In regards to medication, I am taking duromine, 40mg every second day to lose weight.

I am perplexed to work out what it is? Anyone have any suggestions on what the two conditions are, and/or if they are related??

i AM GOING THROUGH THE EXACT SAME THING EXCEPT I PUT THIS VITAMIN E TYPE MEDICINE, CANT REMEMBER WHAT ITS CALLED, WHEN IT GOT SO ITCHY IT JUST GOT SWOLLEN AND LOOKED IRRITATED AND IT WENT AWAY BUT NOW I HAVE IT AGAIN NOT AS ITCHY AS BEFORE BUT ITS HURTS DURING SEX LIKE IF IM REALLY SORE, AND MY PARTNER SAYS HE THINKS HE'S GETTING SOMETHING TOO. I HAVE AN IRREGULAR PERIOD, USUALLY GET IT AROUND EVERY 2 MONTHS BUT I HAVENT GOTTEN IT IN ABOUT 3 1/2 MONTHS. I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS???? IM IN THE EXACT SAME SITUATION

That sounds like a yeast infection, going by what you said. 

Yellow vaginal discharge is more often linked to more serious conditions (sexually transmitted diseases) like gonorrhea and trichomoniasis, but the kind of vaginal discharge you have when you have a yeast infection may look slightly yellow as well, or more off-white if you like. This kind of discharge is also usually clumpy and itchy, and it can be caused by things like stress, pregnancy, a lowered immune system, and also many medications. Yeast infections are very itchy and can leave your vulva looking and feeling raw. 

In any case, see your doctor to get a proper diagnosis. 

Perplexed wrote:

i have the same thing!!!!!!! its soooo annoying i itch it and its raw and yellow diischarge

I have the same exact problem, did you ever find out what it was?

i am having these exact same symptoms. but the last time i had sexual intercourse was about 2 or 3 months ago, it was unprotected, and i began to get a smelly discharge and my vagina was itchy and irritated, so i went to see a doctor and he said that i had an infection, so he he gave me medication, but i stop taking it after awhile. for a about 5 days now this irritation has came back, but i am not having and discharge. my vagina is very red and swollen and irritated, it wakes me up in the middle of the nightt. it's very senstive, idk what it could be. and i'm very scared. soo when ever you find out what you have let us know.

i have the exact same thing too. its horrible, i also get chronic yeast and bladder infections. it seems like it always happens to me when im ovulating. i think the combination of hormone changes and the added moisture from ovulating make for a perfect breeding ground for infection...add in sex like you did and voila, extra moisture, irritation, etc...and you've got yourself a nasty irritation that i find usually subsides by the time my period starts. again more hormonal changes....i think i am very sensitive to hormonal changes and you just might be that unlucky as well.

its ridiculous that you cant get a concrete answer from professionals. my paps always come back fine....my only advice until hopefully you get an answer is to maybe not have sex at all while your ovulating and if you cant help yourself. make sure to go to the washroom immediately after, clean extra well and pick up some super absorbent pantyliners and cake both liner and vagina with vagisil feminine powder. i think if you can get rid of the moisture your chance of having this reoccur are diminished a lil bit. hope this helps, i feel your pain.

I am very glad that others are having this problem because I've been very worried about this same issue. I have no health insurance so obviously I've just been dealing with it, hoping that it'll get better with the usual creams and such.

but for the last 3 months I've had the vaginal itching and around my thighs and it's usually worse at night or the morning, it drives me crazy scratching it so much. I can't have an STD since I'm not sexually active in some time.... waaay long ago before this all started. Normally there's no discharge, unless i use the creams but when I asked others, they said that could be normal.

Though recently I've been having some lower abdominal pains, it is getting close to "that time of the month" so I'm not sure if it's that adding to the trouble or just more bad things popping up. So yeah, if you find out what's wrong then please let us know.

I have this same problem. It's horrible, started out in the same area with the itching and then it spread and has constantly been itching. Then the lower abdominal pains have just started. I wish I knew what it was.... it's insane.Hope yours gets better, and if you know what it is then please share.

ME TOO! I'm seriously going crazy and frantically walking around the house crying and I want to pull out my hair. It;s awful!!
I'm going to snap and punch the wall or something I can't take it anymore!!!

Hey girls. It may be a fungal infection (yeast infection) did you try using over the counter Monistat 7 Cream. See if that helps if not you might need additional treatment to stop the infection. Also, shaving can irrate the area along with the soaps you may be unknowingly allergic to. Strangely the type of underware you ware or the deterent you use to wash your underware maybe causing problems.

Also, if you are sexual active you may want to go to the doctor to get a complete STD work up. It could be a bacteria, viral, or (parasites)such as scabies or worse and need a prescription treatment. It is really easy to go to the clinics they are usually free and you can annoymously if need be. But it is worth the peace of mind and a lot of the time these are free at the health clinic or they do not cost much.

In addition, if you have a yeast infection or any infection at that and are sleeping with a partner they too may contract the infection and need to get treated too.

It's a yeast infection I have the exact same thing happening my whole life

I have had same thing, was diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis. However Im uncertain about that. I get it on and off and have done for a few years now, its extremely painful itchy hot like thrush, but when I used thrush treatment, I would bleed... my discharge was yellow, with white tiny little chunks... which just doesnt fit any of the clinical symptoms for any one thing. can come on like a hurricane day after sex. I will certainly try the advice about keeping everything dry... perhaps thats why they always had talc back in the day... :o)

Hello Ladies, I am having the exact same symptoms and I went to my doctor two days ago and I should find out today what this problem is. I have never ever had something so uncomfotrable. I feel sooo grossed out because my underware are full of a yellowish discharge. Did anyone else find out what this is??? I am so scared!

similar symptoms...could it be BV?