i have never had sex (im 17) and i have not done any kind of oral since august but my inner or outer vagina lip ( im not sure which one it is) is very red, swollen, itchy, and painful. i have read other peoples posts and the responses have been maybe a yeast infection or hpv but i have never had sex so im really not sure what it could be. :? any body have ideas? they would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much.

Hi am 18 years old and a virgin still but in between my legs become very dry and itchy when it is itched little pieces of skin come off.also when i sweat it become more itchy and very very sore. I am overweight and i think that can be an issue but the symptoms portray something of a sex fiend i guess. someone help. and i am a very very clean person i wash there all the time and shave to avoid the smell but its doesn't work. no the mention this rash has discolored in between my thighs big time. SOMEONE HELP

i'm 18 and a virgin...my vulva area gets red and itchy...idk what it is
i masturbate and really don't want to talk to my parents about it. please help!

All of the above sound like symptoms of possible infection, easily treated by visiting a doctor and over the counter stuff. You don't have to have sex to have an infection, maybe you scratched down there with unclean hands and a little dirt got in...remember that area is super super sensitive. I would reccomend visiting a doctor the first time to make sure, but once you know the symptoms yourself you can treat it with over the counter stuff. However, if this itchy redness occurred right after sex I would definitely recommend visiting a doctor since it could be nothing...but you want to make sure (ignoring an STD doesn't make it go away it just makes it worse).

hi im 15 and i've had sex but after the second time my vagina has become all red and sore i've never had anything like it before it doesnt itch or hurt wen i pee just wen iwipe & stuff loll. idont know what to do cause idont want to tell my mom cause she thinks im still a virgin and have only ever kissed a boy. im embarrassed easily and idont want to go the doctors, is there anything ican do to get rid of it myself?

You need to see a doctor asap. I know someone who ended up with some serious health issues due to an untreated vaginal disorder and I just wish she would have told someone sooner. It is worth the risk being found out and getting in trouble with your parents. In In the long run your health is more important.

Hi im 15 and i have never had sex before but tonight my boyfriend and i got into some serious "oral" sex. he fingered me for quite a long time and now my vagina is very swollen and it burns when i pee. Please help me asap im so scared and could never tell my mom or she wouldnt let me see him anymore. I need answers!!!!! D: :!:

Hi, Im 16 and not a virgin. A month after I've had sex i started to have one itchy bump on each side of my outer lips, that every time i itched it, it would open (i didnt scratch hard) and start to burn when something touched it and kind of bleed. I also havent had my period in almost 3 months but i took 4 pregnacy tests and they were all negative. On top of this blood has came out of my anus before but it happens rarely. Im too scared to tell my mom because she thinks im still a virgin and i cant trust my doctor because she always askes me sexual questions infront of my mom. Can someone help me?

Hi, I'm 20 years old and went through hell with the vagina itching and irritation for about 1.5 years. So I was a virgin @ age 18, and there was a bump on my vagina. Extremely itchy, I itched the hell out of it and it lead to an infection. I went to the doctors, got some antibiotics & the itching still occured. I moved to a different city for college and wasnt able to talk to the same doctor. So the new doctor assumed it was a yeast infection, and provided me with anti-fungal cream.. It definately gave me relief from itching, but the itching would occur every 1-3 months and I would beg the doctor to give me more cream. Eventually the cream didnt work anymore because my body became resistant to the drug. Anyway, I went to the gynocologist and I was so god damn embrassed considering noone seen me down there. (It wasnt that bad, she was very nice and informative). So she looked inside my vagina, and took tests. I came back a week later, and she told me I was negative vaginitis, trimacolosis, and I did not have a yeast infection. I'm just thinking to myself, wtf.. my vagina is inflamed and itchy and your telling me I dont have anything.. What are you going to diagnosis me with?? She told me not to take anymore anti-fungal creams because If I do have a yeast infection in the future, it won't work for me. So, she gave me a different cream that was for "allergic reactions". But with this cream I had to be careful because it will thin the lining of my skin. Now this was beyond stupid because if your vagina skin is thinning your more prone to infection and itching. But anyway, I was so desperate I applied it on as directed.. and no surprise, I was still itchy down there. So, now that I have nothing to depend on.. I try not to scratch unless it was soo unbearable. I iced my vagina after each session for about 2 weeks.. and voila.. I didnt have to itch anymore. It's a friggen miracle. Sometimes you just got to let the body do its thing and it will heal on it's own. I thought the creams and antibiotics were helping me, but it wasnt.. What we think is helping us, giving us temporairy relief is making the issue worse and not curing the intial problem.

People on other forums will tell you " use boric acid, or stick probiotics up your vagina, use peroxide on your vagina, etc" - Like I said, it may provide temporary relief but youre probably making it worse.  I dont recommend doing any of these.

* Please note, I am only giving this advice to people who are in my shoes that went to a gynocologist and said that they were negative for everything listed above.

If you are sexually active, I would recommened seeing a gynocologist incase it was an STD or something serious.

Here are a few tips that will help:
1) Use cotton underwear thats not tight - Go to walmart and get the hanes or fruit looms grannie panties 6 of them for under 8$. Cotton absorbs wetness, is comfertable to prevent irritation. I know they arent attractive, but once in a while if your doing something special for your boyfriend than wear the other ones... Who cares what people think, Im sure at this point youd rather have a non-itchy vagina than wear sexy panties where noone is going to see them anyway

2) Don't wear tight jeans/pants/tights/leggings- Makes it hard for your vagina to breath and when your pants are tight, the material rubs together making your vagina itch. On special occasions, sure.

3) After a shower blow dry your vagina dry. If you havn't done this, you will feel a great difference.

4) Do not use soap on your vagina. I know this sounds unclean, but soap/detergent irritates the vagina skin. The vagina is a delicate area, and it self cleans.

Some people will mention to avoid sugars and take probiotics. These things are great to do to live a healthy lifestyle, but I don't believe it will help get rid of the itchiness. Just do the 4 steps above and you should be itch free.

Don't apply any anti-fungal creams unless you were tested positive for a yeast infection. & don't take antibiotics unless you were positive testing for an STD or infection.

Let your body heal itself on it's own without assisting it. Sometimes thats the best cure.

I hope I helped a few girls out there! :)

It's because the area is tight, and when he fingered you for so long, it streched it out and made it red a swollen, and it will burn when you pee.

Simalar thing happened to me. It's been 3 days and idk what to do. I would just wait a week to see if it goes away but is there a possible way for it to go away faster? It is very painful and itchy and it's swollen. I have been wearing just baggy sweatpants with no underwear so it won't feel irriated. Hoping it works? I heard about wrapping ice in a cloth and putting in on the inflamed/itchy area but i'm not sure it'll work? Maybe, i'm a little panicy and i'm not wanting to see the doctor until I have this longer than a week. Any remedies? Please?

I have a similar problem. I'm 13 years old and I've never had sex. I only masturbate on occasion. Last week I noticed reed bumps on my vagina, not near the hole, that were extremely itchy. I ruled out STD's because you need to have sex in order to get one, and that's not happening any time soon. I put antibiotic cream on it, but it didn't do anything. Now it's about a week and a half later and it's still itchy and annoying! Please help, I'm really scared! I just want it to go away. Please?

My problem is the same!!! I'm almost 13 and it reeeeeealy itches something bad! I never masturbate, never had sex, complete virgin!!! I'm not overweight or anorexic some1 please help even as im writing this it itches like 'ell!!!

hey do u still have that cuz i have that and i don't wanna see a doctor too or tell anyone :s

I love you.