I am a naturalist and believe in everything that we put into our bodies should be wholesome foods or plant-based supplements.  I have been told by my medical doctor that I should take Metformin for my diabetes.  I have had diabetes for 3 years now and never had to take anything for it until now.  I am seeking out natural therapies to take instead of this medication, Metformin.  Fenugreek is one that I have seen that is good for reducing excess glucose in the blood.  I have seen the tumeric is also one that is known for reducing blood sugars.  Has anyone tried fenugreek or tumeric for their diabetes?  I would love to try these before taking a prescription medication that can have some nasty side effects.

I am also one to seek natural remedies if they are available.  As long as it doesn’t interfere adversely with any of the meds I take, it is worth a shot.  Turmeric, cinnamon, and fenugreek are some of the natural substances that have had studies done on them. Research suggests that perhaps there may be evidence that these spices may have influence over blood sugar regulation.  You don’t want to overdo it with taking too much of these supplements as you do not want to risk going into hypoglycemia. At the recommended dosage, and using only one as a supplement for use, it should be o.k. to see what one of them would do for your blood sugar control.  I wouldn’t take any of these supplements in conjunction with any of oral diabetic medication like Metformin or you risk hypoglycemia. 

I have tried cinnamon but never noticed much of a difference with my blood sugars... maybe I'll try fenugreek or the turmeric and see if that makes a difference because I don't want to take medicine.