OK, now that my blood glucose is normalized, should I decrease my Metformin dosage?  I want to be able to get off of it and taper off of it.  I think the diabetes would be cured by that time.  I hope to have it licked so I can resume eating normally again.  How long does it take for a diabetic get off the metformin and get cured of the diabetes illness?  I hope to be off of this stuff by the end of May. 

No, please do not do anything with your Metformin other than to continue the dosage your doctor prescribed.  You are having the right amount of medication that is helping regulate your blood sugar.  You have not cured it, in fact, diabetes, unfortunately, is not curable; only managed.  You have gotten to the point where it is managed well.  Staying with what you are doing as far as diet, exercise, and taking your Metformin will keep your blood sugars managed for some time, hopefully for years to come.  There may be a time where you will need a change in medicine, or go on insulin.  This is inevitable with anyone who has diabetes.  If you are successful with keeping your sugars within normal levels, this will keep complications of diabetes from coming about. 

I really hate Metformin myself... I had many problems with it so I asked my doctor about it, and she gave me another diabetic med to try.  I liked it much better!!  Did you have any problems with your Metformin?  I wonder if that is why you would like to get off of it.  Try something else so that you don’t have any of the side effects I had to endure.  If you have luck with Metformin, I guess you can still stay on it.  Just know you can change it if you have to.