I have hypertension. It runs in my family, so I am not sure that I even need to be concerned about it, when my blood pressure is only slightly elevated. I go through periods when my blood pressure is through the roof though, and that is what concerns me. I am trying to find a natural cure for hypertension. Can you help?

I used to have mild Hypertension, and discovered upon research that in ER rooms, when people come in with dangerously high blood pressure, a common treatment is to give them Magnesium & Potassium, which very quickly lowers your blood pressure. I read that a good dosage is 1000mg of Magnesium, and that Magnesium Citrate is the best form to take, and 500mg of Potassium. It did indeed work for me, and I also lost weight which helped even more. Google magnesium and potassium for high blood pressure to get more ideas on dosage and make sure this is safe to do wih your doctor. Good luck. :-)