Hi, my son is suffering from congenital heart defect. He was taking medications regularly but sometimes his blood pressure was very high in spite of his therapy. When he visited his doctor last time he told him that he developed pulmonary hypertension. I am very afraid for my son so please help me as I don’t know what to do.

Hi, pulmonary hypertension is term which describes condition in which there is high blood pressure in arteries which supply lungs. This is defect which is often in new born children. This is usually caused by congenital defects in heart's wall which causes great amount of blood to be sent into the lungs. If such defect would be repaired this will lower the pressure in the lungs and bring things to the normal. Doctor's usually decide to wait until child is 3 years old to perform operation.