Hi ladies! I am 33 weeks pregnant with my first baby! Of course I am more than aware that labour is fast approaching now and I am looking into some pain relief. I want to opt for a natural birth and will be giving birth at my local birth centre. Are there any herbs that are safe to use in labour to make me relax and perhaps offer some pain relief?

You should probably start drinking red raspberry leaf tea to prepare your cervix for labor - this is commonly recommended by midwives, and some say that it will make your labor easier. Lavender is a nice herb to help you relax, and you might want some of that around in labor too. Obviously it doesn't offer any pain relief as such. If you really think you need pain relief, you might want to look into a hypnobirthing program like Hypnobabies, though it's a bit on the late side for that already.