I'm looking for ways to make my natural eyelashes look longer. Not thicker, but longer. I have tried false eyelashes and I don't like the way they feel on my eyelids, so I am currently no longer interested in trying false eyelashes again.

I am not giving up yet, though! There has got to be something else, some treatment or product, that will either really make my natural eyelashes longer or at least give the appearance of longer eyelashes?

I am really looking for something that I could use at home without needing to go to a salon. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Celebrity

Hey PINK,

Have you ever looked into castor oil? This natural, thick, and rather odorless oil has an excellent reputation for hair growth, whether eyebrows, the hair on your head, or eyelashes are concerned. It isn't expensive and is definitely natural. If you wanted to use this to try to lengthen your eyelashes, you'd get Q-tips, apply a little castor oil to the end of one, and gentle stroke the lash line with it. I would do that just before bed, but long enough to let it settle. Say, do that first and then brush your teeth.

People who have used it do consistently report that it takes a while. Keep it up, even if you see no results in the first few weeks! Slowly but surely, you will probably see at least some improvement, whether longer lashes, more lashes, or both.

Rosie

God, you are asking a weird question there. How do you expect to make your eyelashes look longer without resprting to the use of false eyelashes, which I understand you don't want to use, but well, isn't that what you use if you do want longer eyelashes? Are you expecting to put a miracle growth hormone on your upper eyelids that makes you look like Bambi, and that is also al natural? I don't think something like that exists. But my dad used to say that poop on your hair made it grow, and though that might be a bridge to far, my dad was often right about things. You can also not say that this is not a natural solution. It might smell a bit though.

LOL, Pickle, some of the things you come out with give me a good laugh! Excuse me if I say I'll give that "tip" a pass, though. I can never quite tell if you are being serious or funny, but I sure hope that was meant to be a joke.

Castor oil, yes, Rosie! That is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for! Thanks for reminding me of that option, though I never really saw it as something to lengthen the lashes but more for the brows. I will consider that though. Is there any particular brand you recommend, or do you have some storage tips? Thanks.

1. Use castor oil.
2. Use olive oil, which also contains lots of nutrients including vitamin E that will help your lashes grow thicker and longer.
3. Brush your lashes. Seriously. You can buy little mascara like brushes for the purpose. You've heard that brushing your hair more often helps your hair grow right? Your lashes are no different!
4. You can also gently massage the skin close to your eyelashes and this will stimulate the follicles to grow more and faster as well.

Thanks, you and the above poster who first recommended castor oil, for making it clear what was meant by making the lashes look longer naturally. Like someone else upthread, I was totally confused when I read the thread title! My first thought was "mascara, but perhaps an organic one or something?"! Because mascara is the prime way most women make their eyelashes look longer and thicker (and darker, or lighter, or pinker, whatever floats your boat). I'm sure of castor oil or olive oil do grow your lashes that you can make them look even longer with mascara, which is natural in a round-about way: people have been using makeup and body modification since the dawn of history, which can only mean doing these things comes quite naturally to humans.

Brush your lashes? Really? And massage the lashes, really? Thanks for your reply. Would you please share if you have actually done this and if so what results you achieved as well? I have heard that brushing your hair more stimulates the follicles and therefore helps it grow faster as well, but I would be worried about damaging my lashes or irritating my eyes if I followed your suggestions. So, I am curious what your personal experiences are with this. Thanks.

Can I ask you a question? Are your eyelashes really quite short compared to other people? If so, have they always been this way, or did it happen recently? If the answer is that they only started being so short recently and they are really very short, I'd make a trip to my family doctor and make sure nothing freaky is going on.

If your eyelashes are not outside of the realm of normal, I wouldn't really think castor oil would help to be honest. Eyebrows and eyelashes, like their hair on your body, are only meant to be a finite length and this of course has something to do with genetics.