Hi! I have recently found a cut in my genital region, on my vulva. Ok, I did have rougher sex but I can’t figure out the way this cut appeared. It burns a little bit and it just won’t heal. My boyfriend says I should put Neosporin, but I am so skeptic about medicines and others products especially when I don’t know what they are exactly for. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi! Your boyfriend’s right. Neosporin is an antibiotic, it won’t do you no harm, it will only protect you from developing infection, it would speed up the healing and probably prevent you from having any scars. Infection may arise if bacteria from skin and there are a lot of them in the genital area end up under the skin entering the cut. Bacteria can make a big mess, so avoiding it would be a right thing to do. I would also advise you to avoid having sex until the cut heals. By rubbing it, you will only make it worse and unable it to heal. Ask for First-Aid Antibiotic Ointment at the pharmacy.

i would recommend that you find a GYN that know about Lichen Sclerosus. it is a condition of the vulva and it can cause damage to the entire area. if you cant go to yahoo.com and join the LSwomen site - just type in lichen sclerosus to get to it. do it now!!