I've had this sore on my inner thigh groin area that will. not. heal. I have seen 2 doctors and a dermotologist. No infection. No MRSA. It's just a sore that's about an inch 1/2 long and a 1/2 inch wide. You can feel all the scar tissue underneath and when it gets irritated it swells up. Then hurts. Then drains puss and blood. Then starts the process over. I've been on 4 different anti-biotics (which I don't understand since there's no infection) they've put me on hormones (birth control) to see if that's what is causing it. It's this gross purple scar and it hurts and it won't heal. This has been going on for almost exactly a year! A whole year!!!! Doctor's have no idea what it is so my dermotologist diagnosed it as chronic dermatitis. I googled it and that's not what this is! Plus, even if it is, make it go away! I'm so frusturated that it brings me to tears. Why can't anyone help me?

Hi, I've been dealing with a similar problem since March of 2011. Mine is located in my armpit.  I've been on two 30-day rounds of Bactrim and it heals as long as I'm on the antibiotic but as soon as I stop, it flares back up then drains and repeats the same cycle.  I have another doctor's appointment on 1/16/13 and we will see what the doc says then but at this point I am open to having surgery if necessary.  I just want to get rid of it.

I have a boil on my butt which hasn't healed in 11 years.  In the case of that boil, it started deep under the skin, forming a pocket of fluid.  A channel eventually formed to the skin, which allowed it to drain.  However, the pocket and the channel never disappeared.  It now closes, opens and drains repeatedly.  I was told by a doctor that this type of boil has to be removed with surgery.

As I write this, I have another boil right next to my anus.  It was lanced at the emergency room, and is draining now.  Unlike the first boil, this boil was right at the surface, which increases the chances that it will heal entirely.  However, I must admit that I'm apprehensive.

In general, boils will heal the fastest if:

- you eat a good diet, high in nutritious foods and low in sugar

- you are careful to keep your blood sugar low if you are a diabetic, since high blood-sugar levels increase the chances of boils

- a diet that causes acidity in the body will apparently contribute to infections, and I believe that a high-carbohyrate diet will do that

Eating a healthful diet will also help prevent the formation of boils in the first place.

I've been getting my exercise by bicycling, and if this boil doesn't heal, I may not be able to cycle any more.

Good luck to everyone with a boil!

Hi..I hope you have found out what your problem is. If there is no MRSA and you start getting more I would look into Hidradentitis Supperativa (sp????) I have this. I was checked for MRSA twice and was negative. I only had to prod it out of my Dr. though. No phone call for results. Also make sure there isn't a fistula developing. This is just my experience. Best of luck and hope you are all better now!

I have the same problem. Does is problem still exist for you, if not what have you done to get reed of the problem.

I have had this over a year also and it just wont go away I even had it cut and packed still came back and it messes up ur clothes cause that pus stains them

I too have a boil...at least that's what I'm guessing it is. I at one time thought it was an ingrown hair, but now I think it may be a boil. The doctor also gave me an antibiotic and told me to use warm compresses several times a day. I have had it over six months and it won't go away. It is purplish and brown in color and hurts. I am having pain all around area at times, and when I push in certain spots on my upper thigh around the area there is tenderness. I am really starting to worry.

Hello all! I am so sorry to hear of all your troubles but I am telling you the most of you probably have Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It is a condition that starts after puberty and in my case my late 30's. The is no reason for it and there is no cure. You may want to check out Daily Strength Hidradenitis's forum for more info. The symptoms are neg results usually for staff and MRSA. It usually appears on the underarms (pits)groin, vaginal, and perineal and surrounding areas!! More ppl have it then recorded they say to to its embarrassing locations, looks, smells, and Dr's stupidity lol. You will find 3 stages of this disease called the Hurley System. Antibiotics MAY work for a short time but then it comes back. Anti's really aren't helpful unless you get staph in the area. NEVER try to cut or burst them open for risk of infection!!! If pain is so bad you can have a DR do a minor procedure but that causes more tissue and eventually this disease tends to tunnel through out your body. When you start getting fistulas or tunnels it is time to consider surgery. I have 13 openings now and am having surgery when i get insurance again. The down side is recovery is usually very long and painful ans many cases are unsuccessful with HS popping back up in the same spot or an inch away but there are some positive stories too. A lot of ppl in stage 3 need skin grafts. The trend now is leaving the wound open to heal and the is laser in OHIO at the Nation HS Institute. NOW I AM NO DR and this isn't med advice. This is just my experience of having this disease and talking a lot with others who have it also. I am NOT trying to be a debbie downer but want to be honest :) It is one of I think 3 conditions where if so bad qualifies for Disability. Please don't give up hope if you have this!! I do have good days!! You need to find out what your trigger is which seems to help quite a bit. Mine is sweat, perspiration, heat, and stress. A lot of ppl need a gluten free or paleo diet or no nightshades like tomatoes potatoes. Please respond if you have more questions or need any help. I will try to post my e mail but it will probably be removed. BEST OF LUCK to you all and Wishing you a PAIN FREE day :))))))))) j a r ch 2 b at g mai l

I have had boils on my inner tight, groin area and buttocks for two years now and it's pain abd gross. The doctors keep putting me on antibiotics too. My family doctor also has me take sitz baths with one cup of Apple cider vinegar, to help heal and kill bacteria from the pus drainage.

hello, did you have cultures taken to see if they were clear/neg of bacteria? Usually that is a big tip off. I'm sure ( i'm not a dr tho)that it couldn't hurt. If this is what you have temp relief comes in many forms. Tea tree oil, silver, and even head and shoulders shampoo seem to help for awhile i have heard. A lot of people also wash with hibicleanse. Best of luck :)

I'm going through the same thing within a month I had total eight boils lance under my arm and week later one show up on my breast but I'm still having pain after a month ago i had the boils lance I'm having to wait alone time to see a dermatologist . I have been on five different antibiotic and a shot of it also still hurting I'm ready to get the sweat of remove under my arm I am over the pain

I have the same thing, groin are for 6 yrs, doc don't seem to think it's anything. ...but it's getting worse

It sounds like a mild case of HS disease, a lot of doctors are clueless to it but it is a lot more common then first thought, but still not too much is know about as in what causes it there is many reason out there, and there is no cure sadly, it occurs in your groun area, armpits, inner thighs and bottom area, it's different for every one, just look up HS disease and see if it fits what you are going through, hope this helps and sorry about my shocking spelling

like others have said here - it sounds like HS. I have mild HS which only flares up every 5 years or so but the last time it did I had a 'boil' (they are not really boils, its caused by your immune system attacking a hair follicle) on my groin which kept bleeding and would not heal at all. Antibiotics do absolutely f**k all because they are not caused by infection but doctors keep referring to them as boils and prescribing antibiotics for them. I had to have it surgically removed in the end.

Get safeguard soap!