I have only had two partners in my life thus far, and the ONE time I have unprotected sex, this happens. :/

I have already recieved the antibiotics, and now I need to wait two weeks and abstain from sex and alcohol. They said after that 2 weeks, I can go back to having sex, but always with the use of condoms for the next 3 months (no exceptions) until I go back and get retested. My point of this post... I was too embarrassed to ask my doctor this... but after 2 weeks, is it okay to have oral sex? A condom can protect my partner and whatnot, but there's nothing for the mouth really... so I'd appreciate it if someone could answer this for me, thank you.

Oral sex is not a common cause of Chlamydia infection. Chlamydia is less likely to be transmitted during oral sex because the bacteria that cause Chlamydia infection prefers to target the genital area rather than the throat. So, in theory it’s ok to have oral sex after the two weeks since antibiotic treatment – I think they had oral sex in mind when they thought about recommendations about treatment and sex after it. But, it’s definitely better to be sure so if you don’t want to ask your doctor, there is always a phone – call a clinic and ask. And if you find out, post an answer so others would know what to do.