At first I started with one small open sore, but then the skin around the top of my vagina started getting extremely itchy and i must have scratched it at night causing myself to break the skin. Soon a couple more appeared and now its practically all over the top of my vagina. These are all open sores that are very itchy and painful i can barely sit or walk, even roll over in my bed. Some of them have turned into crusty scabs and some sort of yellow fluid occasionally comes out of them but others are just appearing. This has been going on for about a week now, I've never been sexually active and am only 16. Please help! I think this may be from shaving but I'm not completely sure! If anyone knows what this is, how to make it go away or at least stop from itching, and how long it will last please leave a reply! I'd really appreciate it!

Hi Sara,

Yes, it is most likely from shaving.  There is bacteria on your skin - normally.  When you shaved, you cut the skin and the bacteria got in, now it's infected.  It's usually a "staph" infection.

Wash the area using warm water and soap.  Warm compresses should help it drain.  The yellow stuff you see is puss.  You may need an antibiotic, either oral or topical (one put on the skin) to help the infection. 

I know you probably don't want to see a doctor, but that's what I'd suggest just to be sure. 

Neosporin is one such topical antiseptic.  It's going to be messy.

Hope it helps.

I'd rather not go to the doctor because it's very embarrassing, but do you think if i use neosporin it might clear up a bit?

Sara,

If it's as bad as you describe you probably should go to the doctor. They have seen everything, you don't need to be embarrassed.

It might help, it might not. If you try it and it doesn't improve within a few, 2-3 days, see your doctor.

Sweetie that can be a boil and you need to go to doctor to be treated they go away & come back. If not treated also burst by warm towels they come in blisters and diffrent sizes plus have odors. After they burst I have a guy friend that had them and by having sex with someone they can get one to. Yhe doctor burst them in the E.R. at hospital then give u medication to treat it and the clinic do the same. I wish u the best on healing and getting better.

Lately i found similar ones also on the back of my neck and underneath my nose, going to the doctors tomorrow, but does anyone know why it's spreading?

omg. this is so me!! thank goodness i'm not the only one!! yea no, i dont want to go to doctors either. Iv'e tried yeast infection cream cause i thought it was one but the cream didnt even help.. i think i got it from shaving like medi-dan said.

I too have the same issue right now as we speak.  I wasn't going to go to the doctor but after 4 days of pain I had no choice.  My doctor said that it all started when I had my period the week prior. I shaved my lady parts a couple days before my period came.  I used a pad and it was rubbing constantly against my skin which caused chaffing, thus the bacteria from my period dropped down into the shaved parts.  I started with two sores on a Thursday. By Saturday I had a several scattered and a large sore on the right lip.  It was extremely painful to move and urinating... let's not even go there!!  When I went to the doctor that following Monday she stated that all I could do was basically ride it out.  She said that it wasn't herpes because the sores would be identical horizontally, etc.  She said it looked to be syphallis but if it were I wouldn't have pain (and I'm a virgin, go figure). Thus I have a bacterial infection, and thanks to the medication (antibiotics) I now have a yeast infection.  The most painful time of my life right now.  My skin is now completely raw where the sores were.  I have 3 large raw skin patches that scream (yes I mean my skin) when my urine touches it or the yeast infection drains into it. Also, I can't sit in the tub because I have a few that have formed between my button so any pressure is horrible! I can't rub it with a wash cloth so my mom bought me a baby wash cloth to use.  I've been suffering for a week in a half now and I'm praying it ends soon.  Neosporin and Vaseline will be your best friend!!

It happen exactly to me what u go thrue. And the best part is i just gave birth a week ago. It was painful when i walk and sit down. It have been 5 days already and i can't bear the pain i have to see the doctor.What did you do to the pain?

I seen two or probably. Three open sores on my vagina sometimes they itch what is it