Hello, I am only 6 weeks pregnant, but I already have nausea. In past five days my labia became itchy and irritated and I think that is swollen a little. I don’t know if this is normal in pregnancy or not. Well, I guess it isn’t. I am not sure what to do or what could be the possible cause of it. Please, I need some advice!

Oh, but you have to tell this to your gynecologist, especially if you are pregnant. I think that is not normal for your labia to be swollen, irritated and itching in pregnancy. Pain, itching, burning and irritation of the vulva area can be the result of an infection. Infections such are thrush or bacterial vaginosis, or the result of a non-infectious skin problem such as dermatitis, eczema or lichen sclerosis. Some women suffer from interstitial cystitis, a form of cystitis that appears to have no infection as its cause. Please, seek professional help this could affect your pregnancy.